Question Need some help with portablizemii

So, I’ve already installed portableizemii in prep for my g-boy project that I’ve already ordered, the issue is, I can’t seem to get portablizemii to boot into a menu outside of the Wii menu, I’ve installed emulators and tried to figure out if I’m missing an IOS but I may simply be missing something like BootMii, as whenever I turn on the system, I get the message saying that portablize mii requires a boot setup to load its custom menu, and I haven’t been able to figure that out.

cheese

the tallest memer in town
Staff member
What brand flash drive are you using? Was it formatted as fat32 32kb clusters? Could you also take a picture of the error?

What brand flash drive are you using? Was it formatted as fat32 32kb clusters? Could you also take a picture of the error?
I’m using a sandisk 64 gig that’s been formatted for fat32 and 32kb clusters, the error I get is ‘Portableizemii requires a bootOS to be present in either an SD card or a USB drive’ and offers the ‘Boot to wii menu’ option, it doesn’t offer the create on USB/SD and start postloader, do I need to reformat the usb? my phone camera’s damaged so the picture might take a bit sorry ;-; here’s the screenshot from the YouTube how to install portableizemii of how far I got but my Wii doesn’t offer the second option like I said
C6BF7AE1-27CA-4EAA-8B68-FBF87DA7EB01.png

Last edited:

cheese

the tallest memer in town
Staff member
It's most likely the flash drive is not compatible, have you tried another drive? Also, which port did you plug the drive into?

It's most likely the flash drive is not compatible, have you tried another drive? Also, which port did you plug the drive into?
I’ve tried both ports so I’m guessing the usb is incompatible, can you tell me a compatible USB that I can use?

CrashBash

No emulation, real hardware
Staff member
The top recommended drive setup for PortabilizeMii right now is a Kingston G2 USB to microSD adapter (link), typically with a Samsung microSD (a nice cheap and reliable Samsung Evo from amazon will do nicely). They've been rolling in and out of stock on Amazon, however.
BBLoader does have expanded usb compatibility but is still in beta. As such, some features are still being worked on (I believe that the emulator menu doesn't get populated currently, for example).

The top recommended drive setup for PortabilizeMii right now is a Kingston G2 USB to microSD adapter (link), typically with a Samsung microSD (a nice cheap and reliable Samsung Evo from amazon will do nicely). They've been rolling in and out of stock on Amazon, however.
BBLoader does have expanded usb compatibility but is still in beta. As such, some features are still being worked on (I believe that the emulator menu doesn't get populated currently, for example).
Found one on ebay, thank you!