Need PS2 PCB cutting service! if anyone can provide

Attachments

Shipyu

Hi think it would be more interesting for you to buy a cheap cutting tool (I managed to get one for 30euros) and carefully cutting the motherboard.
You'll get new skills, it would cost less and you'd have hands on a new tool :)

Unfortunately I am really unskilled and cant create much noise in my house..its too small and I don't know if I will be able to cut it properly!

AFE123

0x737cfb7b4d5677317210bddc07c6a51a 106e1f45330ee7a
Portables
1ish.
Unfortunately I am really unskilled and cant create much noise in my house..its too small and I don't know if I will be able to cut it properly!
I've never trimmed a board before this year, and I was able to boot my standard trimmed PS2 motherboard first try. In my opinion, trimming is probably the least difficult part of building a portable. Here's the guide I used to gain a general understanding of trimming.
1665359815608.png

Also, you'd want to trim outside/well ventilated area. trimming will create a lot of dust which can be dangerous. I always wear a mask whenever it comes to using a rotary tool.

as intimidating as it seems, the standard trim is probably the least intimidating. IMO, relocating the USB ports will be more intimidating than the trimming itself

If you're still uncomfortable about trimming, that's perfectly fine. In that case, you'd be better off asking someone to buy a PS2 motherboard, trim it then send it to you. It'll probably cost less than shipping your board out in the first place.

Welcome to the forums! We are here to help and encourage of course, however if you are unskilled as you said you are and are unable to trim a motherboard, which is the first step to a portable, you'll need to spend some time researching and reading up on creating a portable in the first place and what all goes in to it before diving in right away in creating a portable. This is no easy task and requires a lot of time/patience and dedications as well as proper tools and knowledge. Let's just be realistic here, I can guarantee that if the motherboard trim is something you are unable to do, then you will struggle with the rest of the build process. This is not to discourage you, but to inform you of the reality of building a portable, especially as a beginner. You will fry motherboards, burn your fingers with a soldering iron, and that's okay because it is part of the learning process. Good luck!

Hi! Thank you! Another reason I am unable to trim a mother board because I live in a compact Japanese apartment and I cannot make much noise! I have good soldering skills, I have been soldering since 2002 and creating many projects. You can check some of my YouTube videos, a good one being below:

Behind the scenes I have done a lot of soldering, I just don't want to mess up trimming a motherboard and will pay for a motherboard trimming service.