Need lots of help first portable

Hi so i decided 6 months ago i was going to make a ps2 portable with no experiance never even touched a soldering iron but with lots of practice and reading i kind of what im doing but still feel i need some expert guidence this is how i am planning on doing it
7 inch screen
4 18650 batterys
Usb free mcboot
Two jack method for charge and play
Auto switching jack for headphones
Audio amp from the bom for volume
3rd party controller
Heres what i have done so far
The first problem im having is i wired up the fan and reset button and the fan turns on but im having problems wireing the screen up to it i have wired up the ground and composit but nothing thanks in advance for any help im sure i will be having many more problems

Attachments

Gman

RTFDS
Staff member
Well to start the chip that you cut in half needs to be completely removed. This could be causing a short.

Thanks mate i will try that now this is all fault as soon as i seen your work i knew i had to make one hi so i treid it and still no luck i have posted more pictures after removal theres also some pics of my unfinish case

Attachments

Last edited:
If you're using a phone camera can I suggest that you place it on top of a glass or some other kind of solid structure? I t makes the focus much easier to control

Gman

RTFDS
Staff member
It looks like the relocations are good as far as I can see so Im not sure. The edges might need some more sanding. Its also possible applying power with the cut chip previously did lasting damage.

Hi so sorry for the late reply but like a idiot i have cut my thumb right down to the bone trying to finish the case ended up needing 15 stitches so while i waot for it to heal i am ordering all the parts i need including a new motherboard as i feel this one is screwed do you have any advice on parts ii have ordered the audio amp with vol control 22 awg magnet wire 2s redboard and im also cosidering up grading my screen to vga if its possible to buy a driver board? Not realy sure on that also not sure what batterys to get im using 4 18650s but not sure what ones to get any insight into this would be great and once again thanks for you help and patience