Question Need help ps2 hdmi adapter

Portables
I need help trying to connect hdmi adapter to ps2 and it doesn't work I tried everything already and still no signal I get audio from the headphone jack. I get regular av out and audio but the adapter doesn't work. I just squared of the motherboard.

Attachments

Stitches

2 and a Half Dollarydoos
Staff member
Portables
What model PS2 was it? Did you test the adapter before trimming? The board still has heaps of dust on it, I'd give it a good clean with IPA before trying anything else.

Portables
I need help trying to connect hdmi adapter to ps2 and it doesn't work I tried everything already and still no signal I get audio from the headphone jack. I get regular av out and audio but the adapter doesn't work. I just squared of the motherboard.
I did not try the adapter before trimming the board it's a 79001

MRKane

2021 3rd Place Winner
The adaptor you've got looks to be the same as the one I used. This one is a pretty one to one wiring job, with four on top, and four underneath. I've noted the pins it connects to underneath (I think in left right from the bottom order as I like to wire things with reference). For troubleshooting it might pay to drop your audio connections back to the AV connector position and see if it works there :) As a side note: For some games you will need to hook 5V up to the HDMI adaptor, and it also doesn't work with some screens.

Hopefully this image will help a little:

Stitches

2 and a Half Dollarydoos
Staff member
Portables
The adaptor you've got looks to be the same as the one I used. This one is a pretty one to one wiring job, with four on top, and four underneath. I've noted the pins it connects to underneath (I think in left right from the bottom order as I like to wire things with reference). For troubleshooting it might pay to drop your audio connections back to the AV connector position and see if it works there :) As a side note: For some games you will need to hook 5V up to the HDMI adaptor, and it also doesn't work with some screens.

Very true, if the adapter doesn't have line doubling it won't work on a lot of screens because interlaced HDMI isn't really a thing anymore.

Portables

Thanks for the help and showing photo. Audio does work on the av pins I've tried it with 3 different tvs and with 2 different hdmi cables. I did noticed I wasn't getting continuity from the av pins to caps and ps2 main screen would freeze, but after cleaning some left over thermal paste and flux the ps2 doesn't freeze anymore and I get continuity. I'm going to give it a try again with your wiring from photo and hopefully it works. If not I'm just going with regular av to finish project I've been trying for about a week now.

MRKane

2021 3rd Place Winner
It can get really frustrating at times, and often I'll put something apart, put it back together, fix the old problem and end up with a new one and won't know why. It's also good to have a backup plan. What HDMI screen were you thinking of using? I ended up going with this one, and so far it's handled all of the different video modes successfully. Plus they do a whole range of different sizes and their help desk is fantastic!
https://www.ebay.com/itm/HDMI-input...e=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649

Portables
It can get really frustrating at times, and often I'll put something apart, put it back together, fix the old problem and end up with a new one and won't know why. It's also good to have a backup plan. What HDMI screen were you thinking of using? I ended up going with this one, and so far it's handled all of the different video modes successfully. Plus they do a whole range of different sizes and their help desk is fantastic!
https://www.ebay.com/itm/HDMI-input-driver-board-6-5inch-800x480-AT065TN14-LCD-for-Raspberry-PI-Remote/251878770018?ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649
I was planning on using my hd tv it's not for a portable ps2 but making ps2 mini I decided to leave it for another time and continued with my project. Thanks for the help and the link I might grab one