Worklog Naimlessones Black & Wiite WiiP

Portables
A little Update

I've been pretty busy lately with some other projects and work and games, so I haven't gotten a whole lot accomplished. The U10 relocation did end up working fine with how I cut the trace. After ensuring that, I went ahead and trimmed the OMGWTF cut on the board, sanded everything down with 800 grit paper, checked for shorts (I had none that could find) and connected my 4 regulators.

Black Screen. Not exactly sure what the problem is there as I left off there ~3 weeks ago.

So,

That's where my board currently stands. I haven't done anything to the case, but am happy to see that there was no warping with the ABS plastic after an almost full month of sitting on my workbench. So I have also learned that coating the inside of the case to 'thicken it' with ABS cement is a stupid idea, and I won't be doing that again. I did get a little bit done with my batteries but still have to wire the PCBs to them. I have a pretty good plan as to how my internals will be situated in the case to make everything nice and tidy and easy to work on.

My only problem now is getting a good amount of time to work on it. I would like to dedicate a good 4+ hours to be able to troubleshoot the issue. I just have to finish up some of the other projects that also require that time and are higher on the priority list now that spring is here and we have more wedding planning stuff to worry about. Hopefully later this week/end I can get a chance to look at it or at least get some work down on the case and post a better update with some pics.

Ekterm

Portables
Wii Laptop, PCii mk A
Hold reset and see if you can consistently get priiloader to show (there's a note in the trimming guide about reset). As for the upside down homebrew channel, it's because of the nowifi ioses, they programmed it to flip and mirror like that when it detects its running on a non-stock ios
I don't get this about the mirroring of homebrew channel, why would they do that? What if you're changing your software back and forth (like I do with most things) and that keeps flipping your display? You'd have to keep physiclly turning your portable's screen, or am I missing something?

GingerOfOz

no wario
Staff member
2020 2nd Place Winner
2022 3rd Place Winner
Portables
just so many i am so cool
With PortablizeMii, you never actually need to use the Homebrew channel. You can boot all the channels you'd need to from the main PortablizeMii menu, this making the Homebrew channel unneeded.