Discussion N64 Reproduction carts appear on AliExpress

Noah

retired
Portables
Portables
Made: 0 Own: 1
I know this was bound to happen eventually; but I'm still kinda shocked due to the carts needing some form of the cic in each of them to boot. (in other words; I didn't think the extra work would be worth it to the seller)

Portables
3/4
I wonder if they actually work... or just make the N64 smoke when you turn it on. Never even thought they would try to do knock off carts for an older system like that when CD based games would be sooo much easier to pass off. But I guess you go where the money is, and right now the N64 is gaining in that area. :)

Cid

That's kind of scary for the N64 market. That's unfortunate, but I guess that it was going to happen someday...

fibbef

Wizardry V Completer
There's actually a brick and mortar used game store near me that has started selling hack repros. It was pretty shocking when I first saw them because I was surprised to see a $60 Earthbound. Then realized it was "Earthbound Uncut" and spotted Chrono Trigger Crimson Echoes and a couple other hacks that I recognized. Not sure who their supplier is, but they had enough of a selection that I highly doubt they're from some kid who brought them in for trade-in value. I'm considering picking up a copy of Return to Dinosaur Land as I remember that being a dang good SMW hack.

cheese

the tallest memer in town
Staff member
There's a store by my brother that has the same thing... I looked at it and the first thing I said was "What's wrong with it", then he said it was a repo :P
I had thought the store made them, but if you've got a store that sells them too, I doubt the store made it.