N64 Portable - Tanuki

Portables
1 (Aran)
Tanuki
My goals for the Tanuki will be to make a portable that is comfortable, good to look at and most importantly functional.

This is my first N64 portable. Partly inspired by many other portables, and includes design ideas I have thought of in the past.
Im hoping to get this finished within the deadline, but as my 3D modelling skills are very limited i am going to have to spend sometime getting my skills up and the initial design done.

Parts:
3.5 inch Screen
UltraVGA (or RGB if i can't get VGA)
N64-PMS
64-AMP
N64 advanced trim
2 18650 Batteries
8mb Ram
in-built ED-64 with swappable mini cartridges

20210602_123120.jpg

Portables
1 (Aran)
So finally had a chance to work on the tanuki. Changed my plans a little from using a 5" screen to using a 3.5" for a little bit of a smaller form factor. This is very much a work in progress of the top section. as can be seen from the large gaps between sections. Hoping to get to a point where i can print the first test piece in the next couple weeks.
Tanuki wip.PNG

Portables
1 (Aran)
Well the time has come. I am going to pull out of the summer build competition.

My university where i have been studying has screwed me around in regards to my Teaching placements and I have not had the time to work on the tanuki. I simply have not had time to work on the electronics aspects of the project and my 3d modelling skills are less than adequate for designing the shell and as such i have decided to withdraw from the competition.

I will continue working on the Tanuki as i believe that this will be a great handheld if i can devote the necessary time to design and build it. I would rather take my time and get assistance in the build than to rush it for the competition deadline.

Thankyou everyone who has shown their support for the Tanuki.

MRKane

2021 3rd Place Winner
Don't say it's over until it's over - the competition doesn't close until October and you may still get things scratched together sufficiently to make an entry in the competition which you can revise later.

Until we got an extension last year my PS2 portable case had bits of ice-cream container glued into it to hold it together in order to make the competition deadline!