Question N64 Controller

E64

Portables
Can someone help me out with the 1st party controller i have trimmed it down and problem is trying to get to work any ideas whats causing it not to work
20747631_10203267547887063_10421119_o.jpg

Madmorda

Painting Queen
Portables
The edges look pretty rough, did you sand them? If so, what grit?

E64

Portables
I would verify continuity to all the power/ground points on the chip. It is possible you cut the traces connecting power across the controller. If you trimmed the N64 motherboard, that is also a potential source of error too
https://bitbuilt.net/forums/index.php?threads/official-controller-chip-pinout.58/
I doubt it's the N64 motherboard i had a 3rd party controller hook'd up to it and it works fine its just the 1st party controller isnt working right i had the 3rd party controller all wired up but i keep having problems with the joystick it keeps moving on its own whenever i close my case i wanna use the 1st party controller because i have one of those converters to GC joystick and it doesnt move on its own when the case is closed ive tested it before i trimmed the controller

Madmorda

Painting Queen
Portables
Just in case, it's probably a good idea to go over it again more slowly / carefully. The edges on the right in the picture have ridges. While this might not be your issue, it's still a good idea to get rid of those. Ridges like that can be made by the copper traces hanging off the edge of the board, and if traces are close together, they can touch. I don't know how many layers that board is, but on Google it looks like one. While this reduces the risk of shorts that way, you still don't want those ridges :)

E64

Portables
My Controller2.jpg

I have figured out my problem on the left controller i wasn't getting any signal for ground on the capacitor so i wired
to one of the ground pins on the chip and wired up 3.3v and Data to its regular location and it worked :mrgreen:
As for the controller on the right i had to reconnect ground to the capacitor as well and for this
00-s2.jpg

In the middle of the pins is ground i didn't know that until i check the other controller and notice that it is not receiving ground
i cut off way to close to the capacitor losing connection to ground but after rewiring to ground go it to work :mrgreen:
now it's time to finish up my portable :D