Question My Wii does not turn on after cutting

hello everyone cut the plate after relocating the u10 and the bluetood but I forgot to remove the components around the u10 and do not connect to the gpu a leg of the u10 the plate does not turn on the malogre? then solder the 3 legs of u10 and connect I hit the GPU and I didn't catch it anymore or isn't it?

Stitches

2 and a Half Dollarydoos
Staff member
Portables
hello everyone cut the plate after relocating the u10 and the bluetood but I forgot to remove the components around the u10 and do not connect to the gpu a leg of the u10 the plate does not turn on the malogre? then solder the 3 legs of u10 and connect I hit the GPU and I didn't catch it anymore or isn't it?
photos pls, clear ones

photos pls, clear ones

I already turned on the heeeeeeeee board but it turned me on by testing the voltages, it just turned on, is there any way to have a button to turn on? Does the screen go black when testing the 3 voltages, can I turn it on?

Stitches

2 and a Half Dollarydoos
Staff member
Portables
We need photos of both sides of the board, it doesn't need to be wired to anything

[QUOTE = "cheese, post: 36362, member: 73"] Utiliza el cargador integrado en el sitio para subir fotos y ponerlas todas en una sola publicación. No podemos ver tu unidad de Google [/ QUOTE]

the truth seems to me that they criticize the way of uploading the photos and do not respond to help people is a page to ask questions and have answers not to criticize the way of uploading the photos

-merge-

[QUOTE = "Puntadas, publicación: 36353, miembro: 892"] Necesitamos fotos de ambos lados del tablero, no necesita estar conectado a nada [/ QUOTE]

I see that in the leg that is connected to the u10 it is giving 3.14 to 3.16v I think it has to give 3.3v I think that is why it does not turn on if I tested the leg with a negative if it starts

Admin note: please stop double posting

Last edited by a moderator:

StonedEdge

a.k.a. ClonedEdge
Portables
[QUOTE = "cheese, post: 36368, member: 73"] [ATTACH = full] 10147 [/ ATTACH]
Realmente puedo ayudarte con estas increíbles imágenes. [/ QUOTE]
Just at a quick glance at your photos, I’d avoid those buck regulators. I’ve tried to use the blue ones from Alibaba and they really didn’t output stable voltages for the Wii to boot. Also, they get hot and will melt your case and just cause issues down the road, not to mention they are bulky af.

[QUOTE = "StonedEdge, publicación: 36377, miembro: 3208"] Simplemente echando un vistazo a sus fotos, evitando esos reguladores de dinero. Intente usar los azules de Alibaba y realmente no produzca voltajes estables para que la Wii se inicie. Además, sé calientan y derretirán su caso y solo causarán problemas en el futuro, sin pensar que son voluminosos. [/ CITA]

esos son los únicos que encontré aparte de los azules que no calientan los pequeños yes calientan mucho pero son los únicos que regulan 1v y 1.15v los otros solo de 3 No sé cuáles dices sobre alibaba tienes el modelo o el enlace

Last edited:

Gman

RTFDS
Staff member
[QUOTE = "StonedEdge, publicación: 36377, miembro: 3208"] Simplemente echando un vistazo a sus fotos, evitando esos reguladores de dinero. Intente usar los azules de Alibaba y realmente no produzca voltajes estables para que la Wii se inicie. Además, sé calientan y derretirán su caso y solo causarán problemas en el futuro, sin pensar que son voluminosos. [/ CITA]

esos son los únicos que encontré aparte de los azules que no calientan los pequeños yes calientan mucho pero son los únicos que regulan 1v y 1.15v los otros solo de 3 No sé cuáles dices sobre alibaba tienes el modelo o el enlace
This is an english only forum. Please use google translate before posting so everyone can understand.

cheese

the tallest memer in town
Staff member
Alibaba is just a site to buy cheap electronics. If you want to do regs yourself, I'd suggest the PTH08080WAH as they will provide enough power without getting hot. Also, don't go from one regulator to another, as you will overload them

This is an english only forum. Please use google translate before posting so everyone can understand.
those are the only ones that I found apart the blues that put not warm the little ones do not heat much but they are the only ones that regulate 1v and 1.15v the others only from 3 I don't know which ones you say about alibaba you have the model or the link

xsping

With those regulators, it is nearly impossible to turn on wii because of the high unstability, if the wii resitance is still good, change the reg to PTH08080, and try again
remark: the usb data line must be twisted togother

Stitches

2 and a Half Dollarydoos
Staff member
Portables
those are the only ones that I found apart the blues that put not warm the little ones do not heat much but they are the only ones that regulate 1v and 1.15v the others only from 3 I don't know which ones you say about alibaba you have the model or the link
Sorry, but you have to use PTH08080 regulators or it will not work reliably. Don't look for them on Ali, you'll 100% get scammed. Order them from Mouser or Digikey, they're reputable sources. This page has more info on how to wire the regulators correctly.

[QUOTE = "Puntadas, publicación: 36402, miembro: 892"] Lo sentimos, pero debe usar reguladores PTH08080 o no funcionará de manera confiable. No los busques en Ali, serás 100% estafado. Pídalos a Mouser o Digikey, son fuentes acreditadas. Esta página tiene más información sobre cómo conectar los reguladores correctamente . [/ QUOTE]

hello if I see that only that is the only way but the regulators are very expensive my u10 does not give 3.3v and a question the bluetood that well connected the voltage that reaches it is 3.34v but it does not turn on I do not know what happens

Stitches

2 and a Half Dollarydoos
Staff member
Portables
[QUOTE = "Puntadas, publicación: 36402, miembro: 892"] Lo sentimos, pero debe usar reguladores PTH08080 o no funcionará de manera confiable. No los busques en Ali, serás 100% estafado. Pídalos a Mouser o Digikey, son fuentes acreditadas. Esta página tiene más información sobre cómo conectar los reguladores correctamente . [/ QUOTE]

hello if I see that only that is the only way but the regulators are very expensive my u10 does not give 3.3v and a question the bluetood that well connected the voltage that reaches it is 3.34v but it does not turn on I do not know what happens
It will not work with the regulators you are currently using, you have them wired incorrectly and they are not powerful or reliable enough. You need a PMS/PowerMii Lite from the BitBuilt Store or 4 PTH08080 regulators. They can be expensive, but the cheap options are doomed to fail. There's little point trying to troubleshoot until you have proper regulators, but if you're set on trying, you need to first fix your wiring. Currently you have some regulators running off the output from another regulator, you need to undo that. The regulator inputs need to all be connected to your battery setup in a line, and all the outputs connected only to the Wii. Do that and perhaps it might work, but no promises.

xsping

if you really want to try cheap tiny regulator,i recommended to try this one, it can be easily ordered from alibaba or taobao for almost half dollar one each and you can easily got 3.3v and 5v from this regulator ,for 1.15v and 1v, change the resistor on the regulator,don not use adjustable resistor on its own, they work fine on my 6 layer trimmed wii for nearly one year even though it may be not effient on power consumption, i think it will be ok

Attachments

Last edited:

Stitches

2 and a Half Dollarydoos
Staff member
Portables
if you really want to try cheap tiny regulator,i recommended to try this one, it can be easily ordered from alibaba or taobao for almost half dollar one each and you can easily got 3.3v and 5v from this regulator ,for 1.15v and 1v, change the resistor on the regulator,don not use adjustable resistor on its own, they work fine on my 6 layer trimmed wii for nearly one year even though it may be not effient on power consumption, i think it will be ok
No, do not do this. They're fire hazards and we do not support their usage.