Question My Wii composite signal has red and green mixed

Hello, so recently I finally got a Wii for a good price to make a portable of. I installed PortablizeMii and evrything worked fine, except that at some point I booted a game and saw that everything except for the blue color looks yellow. The screen was already tested with another Wii and it's not the issue. I've been soldering only to the video connector and never removed the heatsink, however I think the GPU is dying. Did anyone ever heard of a similar issue?

EDIT: If i boot a gamecube game it works correctly, so it's only Wii mode

Last edited:

BocuD

Portables
Hello, so recently I finally got a Wii for a good price to make a portable of. I installed PortablizeMii and evrything worked fine, except that at some point I booted a game and saw that everything except for the blue color looks yellow. The screen was already tested with another Wii and it's not the issue. I've been soldering only to the video connector and never removed the heatsink, however I think the GPU is dying. Did anyone ever heard of a similar issue?

EDIT: If i boot a gamecube game it works correctly, so it's only Wii mode
I had this issue before. Is your wii PAL or NTSC? And what country is your monitor made in? In my case switching to a monitor that supports both pal and ntsc fixed it, so that may help you.

My screen should be compatible with both, and all the Wiis I have are Pal and the other two work fine. I will try another screen just to be sure as soon as I can.

Shank

Staff member
Portables
Knowing its only in Wii Mode and not Gamecube stuff, it makes me feel like this is an issue with corrupted IOSes. Have you done any softmodding or installed any CIOS? Installing fresh IOSes may resolve the issue.

Actually it turns out that in my TV everything is fine, and yes porbably i should reinstall portablizeMii from scratch as it bugs out sometimes. Thanks for the help.

BocuD

Portables
Actually it turns out that in my TV everything is fine, and yes porbably i should reinstall portablizeMii from scratch as it bugs out sometimes. Thanks for the help.
If its fine on your tv i’m 90% sure the problem is your lcd and ntsc/pal60 support. Try setting your wii settings to 50hz, or region mod your wii for 480i. Your lcd might not support pal60.

Stitches

2 and a Half Dollarydoos
Staff member
Portables
If its fine on your tv i’m 90% sure the problem is your lcd and ntsc/pal60 support. Try setting your wii settings to 50hz, or region mod your wii for 480i. Your lcd might not support pal60.
Can confirm PAL60 on the Wii is garbage

I'll buy a VGA screen and try the VGA mod, and try to avoid composite signal cause it's kinda garbage

Small update: Yes, these screens do this problem with 60hz signal, reverting to 50hz solves the color mixing. Thanks.