Question My switch lite freezes on the logo screen. Does anybody know what causes it and how to fix it?

My bet is the m92t36 went bad, I fixed 2 with this issue by replacing the m92t36. You can get one off any donor switch or on ebay for like $5. It should be the one on the second pic straight up from the usb port

My bet is the m92t36 went bad, I fixed 2 with this issue by replacing the m92t36. You can get one off any donor switch or on ebay for like $5. It should be the one on the second pic straight up from the usb port
Is it possible that the solder connection is bad? Could I give it some flux reflow and see if that works out? If it doesn't, can I harvest one from an original Nintendo switch that's broken? That would work on a switch lite, right?

Last edited:
I think it's also important to note that it charges just fine. when I put the charger in the switch lite it shows the battery charging icon for a moment before it goes to the logo screen.

I think it's also important to note that it charges just fine. when I put the charger in the switch lite it shows the battery charging icon for a moment before it goes to the logo screen.
You can try a reflow but I bet its gonna have to be replaced. I had one that would still charge too but replacing the m92t36 stopped the bootloop. On that particular unit, I noticed if I left it booting all nite so the battery died, it wouldn’t turn back on or charge. My guess is that it wasn’t actually charging and just said it was because the m92t36 wasn’t completely dead but still wasnt working properly

There was a similar problem, I bought a switch light from another person , as a result, I faced a number of problem with starting games and charging.I took it to the service , and I rewired the motherboard and replaced the power supply.

Y8RhlTg37aHmizNAC9KF4w.jpg

You can try a reflow but I bet its gonna have to be replaced. I had one that would still charge too but replacing the m92t36 stopped the bootloop. On that particular unit, I noticed if I left it booting all nite so the battery died, it wouldn’t turn back on or charge. My guess is that it wasn’t actually charging and just said it was because the m92t36 wasn’t completely dead but still wasnt working properly
I checked for shorts on capacitors near the M92T36 and there was none. Is there anything else that could be causing this? Is it possible that it's the MAX77620H chip? I found shorts on a capacitor that was next to it. (the big one on its top left)

Last edited: