Question my hard drive loads slow get no config file found

England Buckingham Palace with a fake tash
Portables
Nvidia Shield K1, Gpd XD, PSP cfw, 3DS cfw. more to come. sorry if soft-mod is not cool.
hello i have a portable hard drive and it loads slow so it dosent boot up the portiblizemii straight a way i have to go to wii menu then then too the homebrew and reset to the portiblizemii menu. is there another way of putting it on the sd card to boot i tryed, create on sd card and start postloader. it dosent work with all the features when booting of sd card.... when i rest it it works but i would like it to boot straight to the portiblizemii

cheese

the tallest memer in town
Staff member
Unfortunately, no. You can always set up a separate switch to turn the hard drive on first, and then turn the rest of the system on.

GingerOfOz

no wario
Staff member
2020 2nd Place Winner
2022 3rd Place Winner
Portables
just so many i am so cool
Uhh... Basically you supply power to your hard drive maybe a minute before actually turning on your Wii. So your hard drive is powered off of something other than the Wii before you turn your Wii on.

Just throwing this in here, it’s usually a better idea to use a flash drive (or solid state drive I guess) rather than a hard drive if you’re making a portable. Hard drives have moving parts and are pretty big and can be more power hungry. With a spinning hard drive you may run into issues moving the drive around too much and finding enough space for it. If you’re not doing a portable then whatever will work. :)

Portables
Nvidia Shield K1, Gpd XD, PSP cfw, 3DS cfw. more to come. sorry if soft-mod is not cool.
one last question what is the wifi setting for on the install i saw the video how to install just wandering running fine buzzin and can i update easy when a new build is about

GingerOfOz

no wario
Staff member
2020 2nd Place Winner
2022 3rd Place Winner
Portables
just so many i am so cool
Updates are a pretty simple process. That video shows you how to install the NoWifi ioses when you install Pmii

Portables
i installed with that video so no wifi dosent realy matter and im loveing pmii genius work and thanks for the talk made my day finding that power botton d:)

Portables
you are probably thinking i dont know too much im learning work in progress and i have love for the help and the work you all have put into the wii system and what knot.... thanks

Portables
been thinking to much i know but if i install with the wi-fi enabled could i get the retro arch album covers and could i use another hard drive as well for wii wbfs and the other for gc and stuff so like two hard drives with a usb switch or sum thing ???

cheese

the tallest memer in town
Staff member
been thinking to much i know but if i install with the wi-fi enabled could i get the retro arch album covers and could i use another hard drive as well for wii wbfs and the other for gc and stuff so like two hard drives with a usb switch or sum thing ???
"If I install with wifi enabled could I get the covers"
Yes, but if you trim your board it will be extremely hard to wire wifi properly.

"Could I use another hard drive as well..."
Yes and no. You would need to turn off, swap what drive is connected, and turn back on for this to work. PM only supports one drive at a time, though you can install it on multiple drives and swap them out on the same system with no issues.

Portables
what do you mean by trim the board and hardwired i get the part about i could use another hard drive swap em sorry to leave you smoked cheese