My G-boy rev 3 is finally done

1NK

It took me nearly two years to finish it, but it's finally done.

20120115_161904.jpg

I originally started the project when I received the kit in June of 2020, but after I ripped one of the u10 pads off with my solder sucker, I got discouraged and set the project down for a long time. But recently I got another Wii with the right motherboard type so I could trim it for this project, and I am happy to say that it works.

I received a letter from shank back when he let fans send him letters for those GameCube joy-con circuit board key-chains, and he sent me a letter back saying how he would like to see it once I finished, so I'm happy to be able to do that now.
20120115_162316.jpg

I crossed out his signature for obvious reasons.

I feel like this goes without saying, but I definitely could not have done this without the help from the forums, so biggest thanks to everyone for putting up with me being new to the hobby. I do not know the amount of times I got stuck and turned to the forums for help with this project, but I can't say it enough how happy I am with this portable.

You all have my thanks.

Stitches

2 and a Half Dollarydoos
Staff member
Portables
Looking good my dude! I'm glad to see you've finally achieved the dream

Reactions: 1NK

CrazyGadget

Crazy Helpful, CrazyGadget
Portables
???
Nice dude! I'm glad we worked through everything and you got it all done! Have fun with it!

1NK

Yeah, I definitely will enjoy it. I just wonder if there's a way to get rid of the previous owner's miis, since somehow they all survived. I know this cause they all showed up on Wii sports.

Stitches

2 and a Half Dollarydoos
Staff member
Portables
Yeah, I definitely will enjoy it. I just wonder if there's a way to get rid of the previous owner's miis, since somehow they all survived. I know this cause they all showed up on Wii sports.
SaveGame Manager GX can backup and restore Miis, but I don't remember if it can cut/delete them

1NK

I'll give it a shot to see if I can try and delete them. I wish I could make my own miis, but despite my Bluetooth module working, my Wii wont boot to the home screen, which means no mii maker. From what I learned, it could be that it just doesn't boot into the home screen through VGA, only through composite for some reason.

dababy

bro this looks awesome! really great work ccongrats on achieving this

1NK

SaveGame Manager GX can backup and restore Miis, but I don't remember if it can cut/delete them
Apparently savegame manager gx can delete the data for the miis, which is good, but I wonder if theres a way to make my own miis even though I don't have access to the Wii menu or mii maker.

Stitches

2 and a Half Dollarydoos
Staff member
Portables
Make them on another Wii and use SaveGame Manager GX to transfer them to the G-Boy?

1NK

Perhaps? It's a good idea. I'll make the miis on another wii, try to find out how to transfer their data onto a USB drive or SD card, and then extract their data on the g-boy.

Tony39

Salve a tutti ho un problema con una wii portable .in modalità vga molti giochi gamecube usando la modalità progressiva non si avviano invece se uso il cavo s-video funziona .c'è qualcuno che mi possa aiutare grazie

Hi everyone I have a problem with a wii portable .In VGA mode Many gamecube games using progressive mode do not start if I use the S-Video cable work. There is someone who can help me thanks