Worklog My first Wii portable! (WiiImagine?)

Shady

Hey all, I have been lurking for a while and finally decided to build my portable! Some of you know I've asked a ton of questions in the discord, but I hope it all accumulated into enough knowledge to build my portable. Money is super tight for me right now, so I'm designing off a screen and batteries i already had, so the case will be of my own creation. I ordered all the parts from 4LayerTech, and the 2 Wiis I ordered are here, so here we go I guess
e.png

Shady

Alright, update time. I did get the board trimmed and working, but my laptop is broken, and dell said 3+ weeks till it's fixed. I am never buying another Dell. Until that's fixed, the modeling and printing is on hold.
20220126_151156.jpg

Shady

Update again, big brain me mixed up series and parallel and fried a PMS. I don't have the money for a new one right now, so this project is double on hold. :(

Shady

Update again again, I finally got my computer back (a few weeks ago at this point) and was able to resume CAD work. I decided to start from scratch, as the original model had some really bad design language and was hard to iterate on. I also should be ordering the new PMS within the next few days, and I came up with a name! The "WiiImagine" (Pronounced Wii-Imagine) (it doesn't sound as good written down as it does in my simple brain).My birthday is coming up on the 15th, and I'm hopefully gonna devote a lot of my birthday money and spring break time to getting this done!