Worklog My first Wii portable (Wii Book)

Hey this is my fist Wii portable and I wanted to do and easy one that I could easily fix everything is on standoffs and spread apart widely so I can see if any wires pop off. It uses a cut down we heat sink and a cheap 40 ml blower fan it's going to be wired up to the five rail on the RVL PMS so it will push a little bit of air but not a ton to make it loud. Here's some pictures of the heat sink, external HDMI port to use as a display for my raspberry pi. I also made low profile remotes so that they will fit and only half the case and I can always have two player for Mario kart or smash Bros. I passed through the AV cables through the hinge because I didn't want to do VGA because it would be too complicated in and of the two cables for AV are a lot smaller and would easily run through the hinge. This will make it so I only have 4 cables running to the hinge 2 for AV and 2 for power.

Attachments

Hey this is my fist Wii portable and I wanted to do and easy one that I could easily fix everything is on standoffs and spread apart widely so I can see if any wires pop off. It uses a cut down we heat sink and a cheap 40 ml blower fan it's going to be wired up to the five rail on the RVL PMS so it will push a little bit of air but not a ton to make it loud. Here's some pictures of the heat sink, external HDMI port to use as a display for my raspberry pi. I also made low profile remotes so that they will fit and only half the case and I can always have two player for Mario kart or smash Bros. I passed through the AV cables through the hinge because I didn't want to do VGA because it would be too complicated in and of the two cables for AV are a lot smaller and would easily run through the hinge. This will make it so I only have 4 cables running to the hinge 2 for AV and 2 for power.
New update I got a 10.1 Inch screen and decided to switch the batteries to three 18650 cell packs two for sale packs and one three seal pack I am going to arrange the cells so that the string can get 12 volts and the RVLPMS can get 8 volts the third battery pack is slightly smaller with only three cells so hopefully they'll all run out at the same time I had to ditch the remote storage because of the display driver board and decided to instead add more battery so it is going to have ridiculously long battery life because it's using 11 18 650 cells

Attachments

GingerOfOz

no wario
Staff member
2020 2nd Place Winner
2022 3rd Place Winner
Portables
just so many i am so cool
There are a few issues here.

First off, do NOT give 8v to the PMS! This will absolutely kill it. The PMS is meant to be used in a 1S setup, not any other configuration. I would start by completely rethinking your current battery setup. It looks like you've compiled 18650s from different sources, which is a really bad idea. If the cells have differences in wear or capacity then it will lead to problems later on down the line.

I would look into whether or not your 10.1 screen can be run off of 5v instead of 12. If you're able to pull that off then you can use the PMS to power everything, which would be ideal. I'd reccomend choosing one of the sources you got your batteries from and use just those, or purchase new 18650s from the internet, which will likely be better in the long run.

Sorry the 8 volts to the PMS was a brain fartI knew I had to be in a one-s configuration I was going to use two of the battery backs in a one-s configuration to the PMS and now I realize that that wouldn't work thanks now I have to rethink it all.

There are a few issues here.

First off, do NOT give 8v to the PMS! This will absolutely kill it. The PMS is meant to be used in a 1S setup, not any other configuration. I would start by completely rethinking your current battery setup. It looks like you've compiled 18650s from different sources, which is a really bad idea. If the cells have differences in wear or capacity then it will lead to problems later on down the line.

I would look into whether or not your 10.1 screen can be run off of 5v instead of 12. If you're able to pull that off then you can use the PMS to power everything, which would be ideal. I'd reccomend choosing one of the sources you got your batteries from and use just those, or purchase new 18650s from the internet, which will likely be better in the long run.
Thanks you have a lot more experience and I'm so happy that you were here to correct my mistakes thanks you saved me a lot of hassle