Worklog My first Wii portable (Gwii)

Portables
In the making
Hello Bitbuilt,
This is my work log for my wii portable project I am choosing to make a gwii because it is large and simple to work in while retaining most of the wii's main functions. I am choosing not to do wifi since most wifi functionality is dead. I just did u10 and trimmed my board and did not screw it up (luckily) here are some noods. When I first tried to boot it up it did not work, however after some trouble shooting, my wii was not booting but that was because I did not have a battery connected so the 1.15v line was low causing it not to boot.

Now I have started with the front half of my case had top shave off certain portions here and there with an exacto knife. I am using the version of the gwii with the oem usb ports and barrel jack. I know I have to trim more of the wii from top and bottom so it will fit in the case what I will do is I will trim the bottom since it is pretty safe there and will just sand the top with 200 grit sandpaper since I want to make sure I do not hit the nand lines.

5.jpg

6.jpg

2.JPEG

3.JPEG

4.JPEG

Last edited:
Portables
In the making
Thanks guys I am planning to do Bluetooth and mx tomorrow with the extra trimming to fit in the case.

Last edited:
Hey where were you able to get all the circuit boards necessary for the Gwii also where were you able to get access to a guide on how to wire it

Kaos03

Hey where were you able to get all the circuit boards necessary for the Gwii also where were you able to get access to a guide on how to wire it
All of the boards usb-c, rvl pms, u-amp, gc+ 2.0, and screen are on the BitBuilt store. For wiring BitBuilt has a manuals section now and there is a how to guide for the g-boy rev 3, it has most of the soldering points but the u-amp and gc+ aren’t on that guide so you will have to look at the documentation of each of them and the Wii trimming guide together to get those soldering
They look intimidating at first but just read in to them and after a while the information will become common knowledge for you
Edit: I’m sorry I thought this was my work log because I thought you could only get notifications for your own threads and posts

Last edited: