My First Portable

I've wanted to build a portable for a while now and have decided to make it this summer. Because this is my first portable, I think I'll use a Raspberry Pi to emulate a SNES. I chose a Raspberry Pi because they are inexpensive and simple to use, but if someone with more experience making portables has any suggestions, that would be greatly appreciated.

Something simple to make and not too expensive, the console doesn't matter too much because every console I can think of has games that I will enjoy playing

Last edited:

Doom

Modelrater
Estmemed Member
Portables
Always 1/2
Pi's are probably the easiest starting project, yeah. There's so much information that every step is practically spoon fed to you so it's a good entry into electronics. Honestly other projects are way more impressive but that really shouldn't be anything you should be worried about for project #1.

Just think about:

-what games you want to play which will factor into:
-what pi you are going to use
-what kind of case you want, theres pre-made ones that look like gameboys or whatever or if you want to 3D print your own design, or just follow a tutorial from a 3D printed rpi portable.

Adafruit is not necessarily a good company from their business store side of things, but they have a lot of tutorials and how-to's to get you started in the right direction. Lots of cases to look at on thingiverse as well.