Worklog My First Portable Wii

I looked over your reply, tried it anyway, and of course failed. ahh me. Always needing to try things for myself. Lesson learned.

On the bright side I modded, trimmed, and tested a new mobo in around 2 hrs now knowing how to do things safely.

nvm my wii might be alive all my regs worked I was just bamboozled by the evil that is a bad multimeter

Last edited:
hmm.... so it appears that this cool looking multimeter I got for Christmas actually sucks.......................a LOT
my wii/regs might not actually be dead....

Life.

anyways, finally got to working on my wii again. Got a surprisingly good headphone amp for $20. Tested it and it worked (almost perfectly). Hooked it up to my wii (AV pins, preamp powered by 7v). Incredible static.

I'm using shielded wire from some charger (the shield threads also act as the GND, on another amp adding another ground from a different location changed nothing) for L and R. Any Ideas on what I can do to fix this? Could it be the underpowered preamp? PTH noise?

GingerOfOz

no wario
Staff member
2020 2nd Place Winner
2022 3rd Place Winner
Portables
just so many i am so cool
Not sure how much it'll help, but don't power the preamp and just grab L and R from before the preamp.