Worklog My First Portable - The "Wii Lite"

Portables
Ok so my dremel is arriving tomorrow and I am pretty nervous, to say the least. Below is a start to my 3D printed case with some poorly edited images to give you all an idea regarding where things go.
1619144353974.png

For reference it is about 6 inches across and I plan on using a 5 inch screen. I don't know if this technically qualifies as a 'portable' as there is gonna be no controller. Anywho, hopefully in the next two days you guys will see my successfully trimmed Wii (4 layers).

buzzyc

If your dremel is arriving tomorrow, can I assume its the first time you will use one with any real experience?
If so, don't let the Wii be the first thing it touches! Practice first on some scrap plastic, old PCB etc to get a feel of the cutting pressure before you potentially slip and gouge your Wii mainboard

Good luck!

Portables
image0.jpg
1620854331660.jpeg

Ok so that took a bit longer than expected but here is my full trim. I decided to include the usb drive cause it would not really change the size and it is easier. I am also deciding to only use two gamecube controller ports and not four as it would be easier (and I won't need to worry about bridging the data lines) furthermore I doubt that I will really need more than two. I also plan to have a sensor bar wired in along with hdmi out because I anticipate that I would be using both of those features. I next plan to complete the bottom half of the case. This will hold the sensor bar, power button, headphone jack, and gamecube controller ports.