Discussion My First N64 Portable

Since early childhood, the Nintendo 64 has always been my favourite console, and after having a spare one suffer case damage when I transported it on a family trip, I've searched for a better way to play my favourite console on the go, and one day, I discovered N64 portables, huge shoutouts to shank and gman, whose channels introduced me to the concept of portable making.

Related skills:
-I can 3D model
-I can weld (learning to solder too)
-Enthusiastic

The plan:
My plan is to make a Portable N64 inside of a custom case based on the Wii U gamepad (narrowed down to fit 4:3 screen, removing the right stick and adding places for the c-buttons, etc), without trimming the N64 motherboard if possible.

I have a basic parts list, although I'm not sure what else I may need:
-3D printer (or at least easy access to one)
-N64 (purchased)
-5" 4:3 display
-Expansion pak
-64amp
-64pms
-batteries
-cooling kit
-soldering iron
-oem N64 controller
-a lot of wire
-Resin casting stuff (for the buttons)

I'm very new to this stuff, sorry

Portables
It's good that you know what you need to start your journey, but in my opinion, the most you need is dedication, you will fail a lot, but you just need to pick up and continue, a lot of portables just die midway.

I look forward to what you have in mind!

Been a while since my previous post, life gets in the way, as does mental illness.

I now possess more of the parts required to build this, but not all of them.

I have:
-PIF relocation part
-expansion pak
-console
-screen
-cooling kit
-plenty of oem controllers to use

I need:
-3d printer or easy access to one
-64PMS
-64AMP
-better soldering equipment

I'm still just as enthusiastic as before, and hopeful that i will be able to obtain the remaining parts that i need!

Luke

Portables
PIF relocation part - I'm wondering, are you planning on doing a pretty small N64 trim? I ask because you had mentioned that you were going to try to avoid trimming the motherboard if possible.

Looking forward to seeing your progress!

PIF relocation part - I'm wondering, are you planning on doing a pretty small N64 trim? I ask because you had mentioned that you were going to try to avoid trimming the motherboard if possible.

Looking forward to seeing your progress!
I changed my mind on the lack of trimming long ago lol. I will trim the motherboard, and I bought a PIF breakout board just in case I want to try an advanced trim someday, but for now, a simpler trim will do!