Worklog My first GCp

Bakuku

Portables
Looking good!
Can't wait to see the finished Product.
Are the led indicators on the original shell going to be repurposed?

Guys need your advice

I'm thinking to do a modular power connection, that means 1.9v, 3v And 5v wires to a connector And next to power regulators. My question is i really need big cables to power up the Gc? Can i use ide cables to the power? It's necessary to have shielded wires? Can i use a step up converter instead of 7.4v battery pack. Will decrease a Lot of play time?.
Thank YouTube guys for your support and Nice words (:

Aurelio

ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ
Staff member
Portables
Guys need your advice

I'm thinking to do a modular power connection, that means 1.9v, 3v And 5v wires to a connector And next to power regulators. My question is i really need big cables to power up the Gc? Can i use ide cables to the power? It's necessary to have shielded wires? Can i use a step up converter instead of 7.4v battery pack. Will decrease a Lot of play time?.
Thank YouTube guys for your support and Nice words (:
What do you need a step up for? What's your source? A 3.7V battery?
Anyway IDE could be fine if you have AWG 22 wires, but it's close to the limit. Shielded wires are not needed for power, unless the power supply is noisy and the wires run next to sensible stuff (like the audio amplifier or the video signal)

I have a 7.4 battery pack, but i was planning use one battery cell for space

Aurelio

ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ
Staff member
Portables
I have a 7.4 battery pack, but i was planning use one battery cell for space
Oh well you could use a step up (the efficiency wouldn't be affected that much), but you have to make sure that your battery can provide enough current

Oh well you could use a step up (the efficiency wouldn't be affected that much), but you have to make sure that your battery can provide enough current
Mmmm...And what's the max current that it can draw?

Aurelio

ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ
Staff member
Portables
Mmmm...And what's the max current that it can draw?
I don't remember very well the GC power draw, maybe something like 12W for only the console? So assuming a 3.7V cell you would get 3.2A

Aurelio

ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ
Staff member
Portables
FFC cable shouldn't be used for power, they're usually rated for low currents. You could use multiple lines, but you should check the maximum ratings.
i have no idea of max rating, but i was thinking about to use 2 lines for each voltage and 1 for ground.

th e cable says awm 20624 80c 60v vw-1 -f- 60v is the max voltage that it can handle without break?