Question Motherboard battery issues

Discussion in 'Wii' started by Sc0ne, Feb 6, 2018.

1. Sc0ne .

So in the attempt to portabilitize a Wii I had purchased at an auction, I ended up in a situation where my Wii refuses to show an indicator light when power is applied to it. I tried replacing the big grey power brick, but that didn’t do it, and I think it is a problem with the motherboard itself. Is there a fuse I could replace on the Wii that could likely lead to it working again?

2. Madmorda Painting Queen Staff Member . . .

Portables:
    Have you opened the wii up yet? Sometimes it's something obvious once you open it, like cockroaches or the power plug is loose.

3. Sc0ne .

I've taken off the case and removed the disc drive.

4. MasterNate .

Do you have PortabalizeMii installed? If you do not, try reattaching the disc drive and that might fix your problem. Emphasis on might. I would try putting it back together the way you got it. That has helped me before.

5. Sc0ne .

I used priiloader to boot into homebrew to boot into usbloader gx, so I could use it without the sensor bar. I'm pretty sure its not a software issue, I'm just trying to get an indicator light to show. I think it might be messed up because I used a 12v3A battery pack straight to the wii- Is there any internal fuse I could check for connectivity, so I could replace it? Also, @MasterNate, I tried reattaching the disc drive logic board, but that doesent seem to do anything.