Modding stream?

ShockSlayer

the real
Portables
please do not ask!!!! I will NOT respond
I'm gonna rework my workstation today in hopes of making it more accessible for streaming modding. It's something I am planning to regularly do. There have been a few discussions in the past about doing more group modding streams, with people having thier work shown on stream over skype and the like.

Anyone wanna join me for a test run tomorrow?

watsug

I've been thinking about streaming modding, but don't have a suitable webcam. Tried using my phone as an IP webcam but the quality and framerate was subpar.
I don't know how your workplace is set up but I planned on mounting the camera on a lamp like this, so it's adjustable for closeups or overview etc.

I'll try join in the stream as a viewer :)

ShockSlayer

the real
Portables
Awesome. Yeah I'm working on it right now, took a quick break to check up on some stuff. I'm probably gonna be doing something similar for my camera actually.

Herma

I should totally see if my senior design partner would be down with doing a stream when we work on our project loool

We've gotta test our DACs/ADCs soon.

This sounds cool. I've got a decent webcam and a snowball so I could probably take part eventually.

ShockSlayer

the real
Portables
Awesome. I've still got lots of work to do today to get everything ready, but I'll post a notification here when I go live. I'm thinking around 4:30 PM EST.

Gman

RTFDS
Staff member
I've got some Wii work to do. I'm down for participating in a group stream

ShockSlayer

the real
Portables
Anyone who wants to broadcast video should send me a PM here on bitbuilt and I'll hook you up with my skype info. For audio though we'll be using teamspeak so it's easier for everyone to participate. We'll probably switch to discord sometime in the future.

Doom

Modelrater
Estmemed Member
Portables
Always 1/2
Just tweet it out like usual when you go live and I'll stop by as a spectator.

ShockSlayer

the real
Portables
We're live!

twitch.tv/shockslayer

ShockSlayer

the real
Portables
We're done!

Temporary VOD: (will update this post with the youtube VOD later)

I have some writeups to do on the N64 thing I made and my workstation, expect those soon.

ShockSlayer

the real
Portables
Yeah, don't worry about it. Today was more of a test run, and from the looks of it everything went pretty well. There's a lot of stream based stuff I'd like to look into and do, but overall I'd say things went pretty well. I'm still waiting for the Youtube VOD to process.

One of the things we talked about and that I'm interested in is actually casting some modding, IE taking a back seat and just explaining things as people go, pulling up information and interacting with chat and the like. If you guys wanted to get together and and do some of this anytime other than the regular Fridays I'd be more than happy to host some stuff like that.

ShockSlayer

the real
Portables
Could we make it a regular Thursday or other weekday thing? I normally have plans on fridays
I'm personally going to stick with doing my modding on Fridays. If you wanna do a stream on Thursdays as well, I could probably cast that one. But I'm also gonna probably start the stream with some games or something, so it'd have to be later in the night.

Doom

Modelrater
Estmemed Member
Portables
Always 1/2
Only bad thing about the stream is that all the 10 Minute "Are you feeling it now Mr. Krabs" videos were a couple seconds longer than that so I had to do the 30 second one and I missed it cause I muted the Narwharl song.

Last edited:

ShockSlayer

the real
Portables
I am feeling it though.