Solved Modded Wii Questions

There's a couple things about the Wii and Portablize Mii I just can't seem to find.
  1. Is there any, way, shape, or form of Bluetooth I can get in any way on the Wii for things like controllers, headphones etc.
  2. If you relocate the Wifi module and you enable Wifi on Portablize Mii will you be able to play games like Mario Kart Wii online? Because on my Wii I have a patcher setup to patch Nintendo's WiFi block and I wondered if it was integrated with Portablize Mii.
If either of these questions have been answered already, I apologise, just please send me to that thread.

Last edited:

Stitches

2 and a Half Dollarydoos
Staff member
Portables
You can use the wireless Wii Pro controllers in supported Wii games if you relocate BT, but I don't think you can use BT for audio even over USB. The Wii wasn't designed to hande that. I may be wrong, but I haven't seen anyone do that in a portable before.

As for wifi, it will work if you do the relocation. I got no clue about the patch tho.

Okay, if I am right after you install Portablize Mii the USB ports can be used for any old controller. If this is the case is there anyway to take this and make it Bluetooth with an adapter or something? The patch is something I'm really intrigued about because the current one patches the disk in the system temporarily and not pre-installed games.

Stitches

2 and a Half Dollarydoos
Staff member
Portables
Okay, if I am right after you install Portablize Mii the USB ports can be used for any old controller
not right.png

USB controllers only work within Nintendont, and even then only some work. Bluetooth USB dongles do not work for Wiis.

Wesk

Undervolting....
Staff member
It starts in pairing mode as soon as it recieves power. The speaker/headphones/whatever then need to also be in pairing mode and it'll connect.

It is the transmitter doing all the work, all it does is take the audio lines from the Wii.

Stitches

2 and a Half Dollarydoos
Staff member
Portables
How did you get that to sync and what did it sync to? (The Wii or the Bluetooth Transmitter?)
It starts in pairing mode as soon as it recieves power. The speaker/headphones/whatever then need to also be in pairing mode and it'll connect.

It is the transmitter doing all the work, all it does is take the audio lines from the Wii.
To expand: You connect the Wii's analog audio lines to the red BT board's inputs and set it to transmitter mode. Then you can pair it to a set of BT headphones or speakers, but you get some noticeable latency.