Question Mini64 v2 by rdc - Problem with joystick re-center

Hi guys! I'm currently working on my portable n64 and I'm using a mini64 v2 board from RDC. I soldered my 3ds slider to it, and I'm having a problem. The joystick works, but let's say it push 'up', it will works, but if I let go the joystick it will slighty read the opposite direction. As if the board read the return to center as if I was pushing it 'down'. I tried to use a gamecube joystick and still having the same problem... so the problem does not come from the stick... but maybe there's a way to set a bigger deadzone on joystick, or on the board that can then cancel that effect... does any of you have an idea that can help me? Thanks!

Last edited:

Gman

RTFDS
Staff member
I've never used the mini64 but I have used one of RDC's joystick converter ICs. He programmed it with jumpers on the chip for swapping x/y axis, deadzone, etc. It's possible the Mini64 has the same features.

Wait... I think you're right, there are 4 jumpers on the back, inv-x, inv-y, xy-yx, and dz, probably that dz is for deadzone... I will try it later and give you comback, thanks!

Actually I tried it, but it did not worked, here are 2 pictures of the board without components on it (front and back):

there's a jumper named "dz" on the back of the board, i tried moving it from off to on, but changed nothing... any clues?

BTW, sorry for not hosting my pics on forum, but there was a msg error when I tried to do it.