MGC 2016 ITT (April 8-10 Brookfield, WI)

ShockSlayer

the real
Portables
please do not ask!!!! I will NOT respond
Bentomo didn't notice me when he first came in. My heart...forever shattered. Also fuckin' Shank talkin' shit and then forgot his GC controller. KEK

Doom

Modelrater
Estmemed Member
Portables
Always 1/2

Herma

Not sure if words can describe how upset I am I couldn't come.

I was up until 10 AM working on this stupid project. It's not done, just woke up, gotta work on it some more.

Doom

Modelrater
Estmemed Member
Portables
Always 1/2
SrsSlayer
IMG_20160409_150846.jpg

and we found a bong in Turtles Arcade Game
IMG_20160409_000811.jpg

Noah

retired
Portables
Finally back and all unpacked.

MGC was an awesome experience. I loved meeting everyone who was there from the community and checking out all of the neat things there. I may have spent more money on games then I should have, but it was well worth it. The drive was a bit messy going out thanks to the snow, but it was totally worth it.

Can't wait to see what happens next year! A BitBuilt room maybe? ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Also I met Marshall but never got a chance to corner him and pressure him into making more 64 Drives Kappa

Noah

retired
Portables
I gotta talk to @Doom whenever he gets back and see if we could. I'd totally reserve the one right next to the BH room and we could open the door and stuff.

Of course it would only work if y'all come and bring some sick ass shit to show off keepo

ShockSlayer

the real
Portables
Of course it would only work if y'all come and bring some sick ass shit to show off keepo
So far I'm doing pretty well in that department.

BTW just got back. home4memes

ShockSlayer

the real
Portables
ShockSlayer's Premium Memeium MGC Writeup:

20160408_081042.jpg

I literally saw this guy throw a bag so hard out of the plane that it missed the ramp and plummeted to the ground below. It was like Bo at the post office levels of package handling. I guarantee that bag never made it to its next destination. Give this man a raise for the entertainment value.

20160408_162603.jpg

I got to MGC and the first thing we had to do was fix BenHeck's PSP mod. If Felix was in charge, this never would've happened. If your internal wiring is gonna be power strips and AC USB adapters, at least some scotch tape(better than solder IMO) would've sufficed.

20160408_181102.jpg

I am sorry for the vertical pictures within this post, for unfortunately the PSP's camera was not available at the time this was taken. Here I am with the primary game played at MGC. Nobody liked "Reverse Jenga" at all.

20160409_103047.jpg

I didn't know what any of this shit was so I just stayed the hell away from it. I hear they give refunds if you ask nicely though.

20160409_140136.jpg

Here's marshall's amazing NES portable. The screen is really big and the controls are only on the far right, but you can type in Game Genie codes on the fly, and that's pretty amazing if you ask me. Also all wires have been replaced with Wifi, but only because it was $3. He also had the new UltraUHF on display, but nobody could tell the difference between that and the NES's normal HDMI output.

20160409_144230.jpg

We discovered this at an archaeological dig just south of the convention center. I can't believe that primitives were able to even get to MGC without Google Maps. Amazingly enough, this thing still works. While the console it is for is unknown, you have to appreciate the craftsmanship using only what the tour guides believed to be "rocks."

20160410_114644.jpg

This is a PS2 motherboard running off of an IDE-EXI, with an SD card adapter. It blew a lot of minds. There was something else on the table but it's not important. You can also use normal PS2 games as seen on the far left!

20160409_152142.jpg

This is world-famous male stripper named "Tim Tation" that performed at the event. His prices were fair and my wallet was thinned quickly. I hear he runs a website based out of the UK. I threw away all of his dreamcast stuff.

Not pictured: trashcans full of BitBuilt business cards, the NES in a SNES case, Shank's GC controller, or Noah.

Overall, the BenHeck experience was spot on because he wasn't there, so it felt just like I was on the forums again. But I have to give the event a full 0/10 because I did not get a single picture with Bentomo. I have no idea why I went. I'll have to come back next year to see if he's there again.

For real though, shoutout to all you guys who came out; you treated me like family and I had a blast meeting everyone, seeing all the stuff and hanging out. Definitely coming out again next year if I can. Special thanks to @Doom for pushing me to do it and helping me out a ton. BenHeck might not remember who you are, but I definitely will.

Doom

Modelrater
Estmemed Member
Portables
Always 1/2
For real though, shoutout to all you guys who came out; you treated me like family and I had a blast meeting everyone, seeing all the stuff and hanging out. Definitely coming out again next year if I can. Special thanks to @Doom for pushing me to do it and helping me out a ton. BenHeck might not remember who you are, but I definitely will.

ShockSlayer

the real
Portables
milhouse2.gif