MGC 2016 ITT (April 8-10 Brookfield, WI)

Doom

Modelrater
Estmemed Member
Portables
Always 1/2
Since SS had mentioned he doesn't check the Modretro MGC anymore I'll post this here for convenience.

Midwest Gaming Classic 2016
Friday April 8 - Sunday April 10
at the Shearaton Milwaukee Brookfield Hotel
Brookfield, Wisconsin (just west of Milwaukee Wisconsin)
http://www.midwestgamingclassic.com

*Unfortunately, no Ben this year, as he's doing a Ted X Talk in Jersey that weekend. :( I have emailed him to see if there's anything from TBHS he wants to display in the room anyway.

2015 Show Highlights:
Inaugural Friday Night preshow was fun. A lot of the event rooms were open to check out, just couldn't venture into the vendor's "temporary structure" (it's a giant tent but I got Dad-scolded for calling it such the first year it was used)
There were Bands! That was pretty cool. Even that weird one with the theremin and the lady yelling a megaphone into a microphone and beating on a war drum.
A ton of streetpass to collect. You could collect puzzle pieces and clear them out for the entire 72 hours of the event.

There was a Primal Rage 2 Arcade Cabinet to play, the only (Working) one in existence IIRC
Somebody had a Oculus Rift, probably.
Every console set up to play
Tons of Arcade Games and Pinballs set up for free play (250+)
Lots of vintage computers set up to play.
Different setups of genre's; A lightgun setup, a Bullethell setup, a Steel Battallion multiplayer setup, etc.

I've been running space since 2010 for mods, fixes, portables and projects to display. Marshall will have his new UltraHDMI dealy along with a 64drive setup. We'll also have a 3D Printer running PLA all weekend and tons of prints to display. Bring a completed portable to show off, or BYOT(ools) if you wan to work on something there.

2016 Show Highlights:
You?

ShockSlayer

the real
Portables
please do not ask!!!! I will NOT respond
*Unfortunately, no Ben this year, as he's doing a Ted X Talk in Jersey that weekend. :( I have emailed him to see if there's anything from TBHS he wants to display in the room anyway.
When I met him, he mentioned wanting to have the giant gameboy on display. He said he'd likely have someone local bring it over, but I haven't talked to him since the conference. I'd definitely ask him if he's found someone, otherwise we could go pick it up or something.

Doom

Modelrater
Estmemed Member
Portables
Always 1/2
I think Jones is coming this year so he'll probably bring it. Better watch that episode to figure out how big it is and where the hell we are gonna put it.

Herma

I've mentioned before (to SS) that I am interested in going, however classes may get in the way. Gotta work on some projects, if I have a significant portion of the project done prior to MGC then I'll be able to be there Friday and Saturday (gotta present something on Sunday regardless).

Doom

Modelrater
Estmemed Member
Portables
Always 1/2
For those who are attending Friday, that night is a "special" preview day for specific friday ticket holders (think they are all sold out for Friday, they won't sell out for the actual weekend), so If you bring something to display for the weekend, I'll make sure you get a badge so you can participate in the activities. Regardless, I'll try my best to have everyone who wants to be able to hang out at least in our area.

ShockSlayer

the real
Portables
I didn't even know I needed to get a Friday specific ticket. Huh. But if I bring something to display I can get in anyways?

Doom

Modelrater
Estmemed Member
Portables
Always 1/2
I didn't even know I needed to get a Friday specific ticket. Huh. But if I bring something to display I can get in anyways?
Yeah we get Badges for having an Event space, so if you bring something for display you are part of that. I only ask that whoever does bring something is present in the room throughout the weekend sporadically to participate in the Event Space itself so the rest of us can check out the convention as well.

ShockSlayer

the real
Portables
No sweat, if we wanna do shifts or whatever I'm game.

Doom

Modelrater
Estmemed Member
Portables
Always 1/2
JW is everyone who is planning to attend over 21? Being Wisconsin, there's a lot of alcohol floating around (our event space neighbors Nintendo Age fill up their entire bathroom tub with ice and beer). Of course I'm not your real dad and you can do what you want on your own time, just exercise caution or whatever. I may not let you in our afterparty though because I don't want to be responsible for such.

Also a heads up, don't put any liquids on top of an arcade or pinball machine, even bottled water. Last year some drunk buffoon spilled booze all over a Primal Rage II arcade cabinet, which happened to be the only working one in existence so they'll probably be a little more diligent on that this year.

Sorry for the curmudgeon post, just want to cover all my bases just in case and it'll still be a good time lol. Less than 2 weeks to go!

ShockSlayer

the real
Portables
I'm only 12

ShockSlayer

the real
Portables
Just dropped pretty much all of my money on a last minute plane ticket, because it seems Bo has bailed on me. And I heard this through the grapevine, unfortunately. Real dick move.

But I'm confirmed. Now I just gotta figure out how I'm gonna pay for the ticket and food KEK

Doom

Modelrater
Estmemed Member
Portables
Always 1/2
So I hear the Nintendo Playstation Prototype is going to be on display this year. Don't think they'll let us take it apart though.

Doom

Modelrater
Estmemed Member
Portables
Always 1/2
Anybody want to bring a bro silly scope? All the 3.5 screens are hot garbage and don't work on anything now, scrolling and etc. Mah boi Metallica Man X fixed one of his screens for a Nomad by making a Video Amp, but I'm not sure how you would figure out what transistor to use on other consoles, mostly N64.

We'll have to have a fire side chat at MGC during one of the days so we can figure this out.

ShockSlayer

the real
Portables
You could ask @Shank, he happens to have one that fits the specific specification of being silly.