I'm building this off a hollowed out Ibook g4

• ibook G4 with LVDS board to hdmi
• Softmodded Wii
• Plastix project box
• 4watt speakers from adafruit

Needs:
Volume control
Tactile switch wiring

•controllers: this build will mainly be used for n64 and GameCube games. I understand that nintendont can be played with a PS3 ds controller, but, I'm not sure I can navigate to there upon a Restart without a wii controller available. Any ideas would be helpful!

Hopefully I will be done soon as he speakers and controllers are my only hurdles rught now

Last edited:

GingerOfOz

no wario
Staff member
2020 2nd Place Winner
2022 3rd Place Winner
Portables
just so many i am so cool
controllers: this build will mainly be used for n64 and GameCube games. I understand that nintendont can be played with a PS3 ds controller, but, I'm not sure I can navigate to there upon a Restart without a wii controller available. Any ideas would be helpful!
Any particular reason why you don't want to use a GC controller instead? You can use a GameCube controller to navigate the PortablizeMii/ Homebrew Channel, and plus you'd be using the right controller for GC games :awesome:. Also PS3 controllers aren't going to be compatible with othe homebrew things like the N64 emulator, while a GameCube controller will do the trick just fine.

As for your audio questions, if you could take detailed pictures of the front and back side of your LVDS board we can look for ways to hook up audio.

Good luck!

Matt d

A4E4A010-0B3E-4078-B873-AFECA600825B.jpeg
136524AB-3680-46D0-9254-B05348E853BD.jpeg
Okay I have a 4w speaker going straight into my LVDS board, but, how do I control volume? And how would that be wired in?

Also looking to put some extensions into the tactile switches on the WII pub and extend them to outer shell I fabricated. I’ll include pictures, but am looking for a crude wiring diagram if anyone can help as to how they would work...

Thanks!

Last edited:

Matt d

D87E0C3D-E5BE-4175-9CAE-276899753836.jpeg
Here’s the picture of WII pcb tactile switch is like to solder onto.

SW3

Can I solder directly to the points on both sides of SW3 to 1+3 on a tactile switch to have a working button?

Last edited:

Stitches

2 and a Half Dollarydoos
Staff member
Portables
If the board actually supports audio out, there will be volume controls in the OSD somewhere.

Matt d

What are my options for controllers? In the future I’d like to do a portable and I cannot find anywhere on the site where a tut is

BocuD

Portables
What are my options for controllers? In the future I’d like to do a portable and I cannot find anywhere on the site where a tut is
What do you mean with "controllers"? For most portables as in handhelds the GC+ is probably your best option. For wiimote based games there currently isn't an easy option (besides connecting an actual wiimote over bluetooth) The GC+ can be bought in the store, but its currently in maintenance so you'll probably have to wait a bit to get it. You can also build your own if you have a pickit: GitHub - Aurelio92/GCPlus