Worklog Möyh Mäyh's trim attempt

Hello there. I registered just a moment ago.

So, I bought a Wii to try OMGWTF on and will most likely turn it into a portable and some kind of dock with GC ports and stuff. Main goal here is ability to play GC games, but I'm planning to keep BT and wifi.

Progress so far consists of a succesful bluetooth relocation (confirmed working!) and a less successful wifi relocation. I ripped a pad from the wifi card and a resistor from the motherboard .
IMG_5872.JPG IMG_5871.JPG

As I'm an idiot, software wise it only has priiloader and homebrew channel so I guess no booting without wifi. While I can easily order another wifi module, what value is that resistor supposed to be? I don't think I can just bridge it because then the guide would say scrap them and use their pads, right?

Möyh Mäyh

Portables
sin^2(x) + cos^2(x) +e^(i*pi)
Hello!
for your Wifi module needs, you could make a thread in wtb(willing to buy), and then also put the specific resistor(where the resistor is located) I know alot of members have a couple extra wifi modules usually, because they usually use just bluetooth, and then the resistor you need can be taken from a dead wii.
Can't wait to see where this goes :3

GingerOfOz

no wario
Staff member
2020 2nd Place Winner
2022 3rd Place Winner
Portables
just so many i am so cool
Also, your wifi wires need to be a LOT shorter. Wifi is extremely finicky, which is why we don't reccomend rewiring it.

Nold

real emulation, no hardware
Staff member
2021 1st Place Winner
Portables
5 + 1*π
Hi,

are you from germany? (because of the öäü's) if so, i could send you like 5 wifi modules for free :D
anyways, you could really use some magnet wire. it makes life (and soldering) a lot easier!

GingerOfOz: Ok, I'll try to make them as short as possibe and see if it'll work. Thanks.

Nold: I'm actually a Finn, so somewhat close. I'm interested though and can pay a little for sending here :)

Aurelio: Thank you. I might just be able to find this from some board I have hanging around.

I'll probs update tomorrow

Update: Not much to update. Got a VGA cooler that fits though I need to move the BT module.
Ordered 2 Wifi modules from UK. Should take about a week.
IMG_5884.JPG

Thinking about batteries and regulators, how much juice does a CPU 60 board draw?
Edit: Found a rough answer

Update:
Cleaned up my previous attempt at wifi. Got a (large) 100 Ω resistor, which I placed next to the other ones with a few millimeters of wire (sorry for awful pic). Wifi modules should arrive next week at latest.
I also had to move the BT module a bit in order to fit the heat sink. OCD soldering.
IMG_5915.jpgIMG_5914.jpg

Last edited: