Solved Low Profile USB Drives for RVLoader?

I’ve been looking around for low profile flash drives that I intend to use for RVLoader in a portable and came across two Samsung ones, each of which being two different generations of each other, black one being newer and white one being older and was curious: which would work best? Thanks.
(And yes, I know these images are of the 32GB models, I would obviously buy one with at least 64, preferably 128)
9695D7DD-B8A9-49BD-9C81-187498DBC61B.jpeg
318075EB-57ED-40D0-9EA5-CB3C6A4D0536.jpeg

Stitches

2 and a Half Dollarydoos
Staff member
Portables
The white one used to be the officially recommended drive when we used a different software suite, IIRC the black one has always given us trouble. I'm not sure if the white one is still worth using if you're using a PD2 + PMS2 in the build. Nowdays the drive with the best compatibility is the Kingston FCR-MRG2 microSD to USB adapter with a genuine Samsung Evo or Sandisk microSD card. If you're using a PD2 + PMS2 from 4LayerTech, I'd use the Kingston adapter. You can add one to the order when you order a PD2.

If you're not using a PD2, the white drive is probably the safer option, but I'd seek a second opinion.

The white one used to be the officially recommended drive when we used a different software suite, IIRC the black one has always given us trouble. I'm not sure if the white one is still worth using if you're using a PD2 + PMS2 in the build. Nowdays the drive with the best compatibility is the Kingston FCR-MRG2 microSD to USB adapter with a genuine Samsung Evo or Sandisk microSD card. If you're using a PD2 + PMS2 from 4LayerTech, I'd use the Kingston adapter. You can add one to the order when you order a PD2.

If you're not using a PD2, the white drive is probably the safer option, but I'd seek a second opinion.
That answers my question and then some. Thanks.

Shank

Staff member
Portables
The white samsung was our go-to until it was discontinued. We had iffy compatibility with the newer black samsung. For the lowest profile one, we recommend using the kingston micro SD adapter. You can throw a massive micro sd card in it.

The white samsung was our go-to until it was discontinued. We had iffy compatibility with the newer black samsung. For the lowest profile one, we recommend using the kingston micro SD adapter. You can throw a massive micro sd card in it.
Perfect. Thanks. Yeah, I noticed you used the white one in the PiiWii Pocket.