Worklog Louii Friend Build

I was initially planning on designing my own portable, but after time thinking about it, and now a better knowledge of what I’m doing, I’ve decided a better first project would be to recreate a design that has already been tested and improved. Ginger is my favorite modder, so my friend and I will be making our own Louii based on the latest BOM. Work log updates will be posted here.

(This projected is intended to happen in the summer, so not a whole lot might happen until them)

Sorry for any stupidity, but I’ve gone through Rvloader making sure everything is good before I trim and have two problems. 1. Gc2wiimote does not work with ir emulation at all. 2. Even though Bluetooth is still attached, I can’t open the system menu in any way. Sorry if these are stupid questions but how should I solve them?

xsping

Sorry for any stupidity, but I’ve gone through Rvloader making sure everything is good before I trim and have two problems. 1. Gc2wiimote does not work with ir emulation at all. 2. Even though Bluetooth is still attached, I can’t open the system menu in any way. Sorry if these are stupid questions but how should I solve them?
it‘s semi-bricked due to installing wrong region menu file, reinstall right region menu file can solve the problem

Stitches

2 and a Half Dollarydoos
Staff member
Portables
I'm afraid I don't really know how to troubleshoot this kind of thing. All I can really ask is whether the wifi module was connected when you tried to boot to the system menu. Sometimes the install fails, so you might need to redownload the files, boot into safe mode with both modules connected and run the installer again

dababy

because of the 4x4 vias like half cut it may ground the regulator but i couldnt be sure because ive never seen that possible issue before

GingerOfOz

no wario
Staff member
2020 2nd Place Winner
2022 3rd Place Winner
Portables
just so many i am so cool
Just trimmed, do you think the chip below the GPU will be fine? Wasn’t touched by the dremel
That cut is just fine. I would probably move that capacitor along the edge up towards the big chips a bit if you've got a hot air station on hand, but it should be fine.

Heres the first actually worklog of the hard modding:

First thing done is the trim, it seems good, as I cut as little as I could to ensure not accidentally cutting anything important. I then sanded the MX chip and main trim with up to 800 grit. I then had enough time to wire all the voltages and u10. After realizing that I didn't have any good way of video out besides the screen for testing, and have no hot air station to remove the Wii audio and video out slot, I wired the trim directly back onto the rest of the board left over, for video out when ready to test. All I have to do before testing is wire the PMS PD to the Lite and hook it up to a screen. So far, nothing(hopefully) not working or going wrong.

Here is the final result as of now, apologies for any bad wire management, today was trying to get done as much as possible.
IMG_1756.jpg

Last edited:

Stitches

2 and a Half Dollarydoos
Staff member
Portables
Heres the first actually worklog of the hard modding:

First thing done is the trim, it seems good, as I cut as little as I could to ensure not accidentally cutting anything important. I then sanded the MX chip and main trim with up to 800 grit. I then had enough time to wire all the voltages and u10. After realizing that I didn't have any good way of video out besides the screen for testing, and have no hot air station to remove the Wii audio and video out slot, I wired the trim directly back onto the rest of the board left over, for video out when ready to test. All I have to do before testing is wire the PMS PD to the Lite and hook it up to a screen. So far, nothing(hopefully) not working or going wrong.

Here is the final result as of now, apologies for any bad wire management, today was trying to get done as much as possible.
View attachment 24553
That looks like a series battery holder, it'll output 7.4v. If you connect that to the PMS battery pads it could kill it

That looks like a series battery holder, it'll output 7.4v. If you connect that to the PMS battery pads it could kill it
Good catch! But wouldn’t it be fine anyway if I only put in a single battery while testing? Wouldn’t that keep the output around the 3.7v of the battery with the output only being 7.4v if I did both? I could be wrong, I’m a bit tired atm, I just wanna make sure I don’t make any major mistakes

Stitches

2 and a Half Dollarydoos
Staff member
Portables
With only one cell, yes, but you'd need to solder a wire to the rear contact of the holder. As it is now, putting one cell in will do nothing

Stitches

2 and a Half Dollarydoos
Staff member
Portables
Pretty much. If you parallel the cells you can solder the two existing wires to B+, and solder a new wire to the rear terminal for B-