Model [OLD DO NOT USE THESE] Louii CAD Files

Status
Not open for further replies.
thank you for sharing your files, i like the design and plan on making one soon

I am considering this as my first dive into console modding, is this build a good place to start or is it maybe a little too advanced as a start point?

Avery

I am considering this as my first dive into console modding, is this build a good place to start or is it maybe a little too advanced as a start point?
I am personally going to use it as my first project, i do believe getting the kit is definitely a lot better (i committed to this before the kit came out) but if you're passionate about doing this one, I think you should be fine, just know it's not like the kit where you literally have a step by step guide

A_s6

Portables
i don’t give a hee ho
the g-boy kit also uses many custom pcbs, so the internals would be a bit cleaner and more manageable. i'd suggest trying out the g boy first. @GingerOfOz said in his original post on this thread that it is a somewhat challenging build, and clean internals are a must. if you don't want to build a g boy, the g wii is also a great place to start since there's much more space inside

, ive never done anything with electronics but I want to build a portable that plays wii. I am wondering if this is a system in its self, like do I need to have a working wii to have games on here? Or can i just download ROMS for
That is illegal get a program called cleanrip on your wii home console like a honest godfairy person

I got about the price not enclouding buttons joysticks and dual tacts and squishy tacts. it is 241.71$

Hello Ginger, is there any chance that you could upload the updated STLs that incorporates the PMS-PD like the one you made on twitch in October? I adore the form of this portable, and that's the one thing I feel is missing from it. Thank you!

Jpin

Hello @GingerOfOz, i just saw your video on twitch man such a good work that new case looks great. im keep on trying to finish mine and i was wondering where can i get those controls pcb's that you used on the video, looks better and more easy to work with than the ones i just print. thanks for sharing your work.

GingerOfOz

no wario
Staff member
2020 2nd Place Winner
2022 3rd Place Winner
Portables
just so many i am so cool
I've completely rehauled the old Louii cad files to fit the new 4-layer tech boards along with some quality of life improvements. I'll release the updated cad files along with the custom PCB designs within the week, I just want to be sure that the files are all good.

Jpin

That's great, I'll wait then couse I have been trying to modify the first version but i didnt like how it end. Thanks a lot man

I've completely rehauled the old Louii cad files to fit the new 4-layer tech boards along with some quality of life improvements. I'll release the updated cad files along with the custom PCB designs within the week, I just want to be sure that the files are all good.
Thanks! Is the D-pad still a 3rd party one?

Are these "quality of life improvements" also going to make this a bit easier to build as a total noob?
Also, will there be an updated BOM with this?

is the screen 5 or 7 inches? on aliexpress I only find 7 inches with that driving card

Status
Not open for further replies.