Long lasting bluetooth Earbuds

Discussion in 'Cameras, DACs, DAPS, TVs, and much more!' started by Kitsen, Nov 8, 2018 at 7:06 PM.

1. Kitsen .

Portables:
    do tupper-stein count?
    Hey guys,

I'm currently working on my android Gamepad but working without music sucks, I don't like to put my music on speaker I prefer to keep it for myself but earbuds wires tend to tangle up with all my tools or constant ''where did I put this thing again'' movement.

So I took the plunge and bought Bluetooth earbuds, I got super cheap 20$ CAD ones from escape
    [​IMG]

for 20$ they were convenient, sound was okay, the only downside is the battery life, 4h isn't bad but I wanted more. So I changed the 100 mah battery inside for 350 mah but bigger battery = more space required.

So after a trip to the dollarstore to find a convenient casing for the battery (a 2$ flash light did the trick), some apoxie sculpt and crazie glue, I came up with this
    [​IMG]

they're pretty meh looking but my earbuds now last a wooping 12h. The extra weight of the battery isn't so bad, they hold when I shake my head violently so they should hold in many other situations.

I'll keep working on them for a more sexy design (I'm thinking something like the Walkman W252 would be pretty cool)

I should start a worklog for my android gamepad pretty soon and they will assist me through the endless trial and error path I'm about the venture on.

Last edited: Nov 9, 2018 at 11:10 PM
    cheese likes this.
  2. cheese the tallest memer in town Staff Member . . .

Wrong link for the image, sounds neat otherwise :P

3. Kitsen .

Portables:
    do tupper-stein count?
    Hi Cheese,

what link is the issue? on my end everything seems fine

4. Shank Certified Wiitard Staff Member . .

Portables:

Attached Files:

5. Kitsen .

Portables:
    do tupper-stein count?
    fixed, thanks for the heads up