Question Loading GC Games Onto Wasp Fusion

Madmorda

Painting Queen
Portables
So recently my apparently-not-fried-after-all wasp fusion came back to life, and I'm playing with putting games on it. I have found lots of info on the pinouts of it, however info about the software seems a little dry.

I am using WBFS Manager 3.0 and I can load wii games, but not gamecube games onto the sd card. It acts as though it loaded it, but it doesn't show up on the list of games on the sd card when it's in my computer or the wasp.

I read that WBFS Manager 4.0 might be what I need, however it doesn't seem to be an official version, and the only non-shady place I can find it is eurasia.nu, which won't let me download it.

So my question is, If I really need 4.0 can somebody please share with me how they got it? And if that's not the issue, then please tell me what I'm doing wrong.

I have not installed Swiss, if that makes a difference.

TL;DR Wasp Fusion only plays wii games, do I need WBFS Manager 4.0?

So recently my apparently-not-fried-after-all wasp fusion came back to life, and I'm playing with putting games on it. I have found lots of info on the pinouts of it, however info about the software seems a little dry.

I am using WBFS Manager 3.0 and I can load wii games, but not gamecube games onto the sd card. It acts as though it loaded it, but it doesn't show up on the list of games on the sd card when it's in my computer or the wasp.

I read that WBFS Manager 4.0 might be what I need, however it doesn't seem to be an official version, and the only non-shady place I can find it is eurasia.nu, which won't let me download it.

So my question is, If I really need 4.0 can somebody please share with me how they got it? And if that's not the issue, then please tell me what I'm doing wrong.

I have not installed Swiss, if that makes a difference.

TL;DR Wasp Fusion only plays wii games, do I need WBFS Manager 4.0?
I am having the same exact issue. In my case, my wasp was flashed with swiss from the previous owner but when I turn on the gamecube, I get a blue light from the wasp, 3-5 seconds of lit up black screen on my screen, and then the "an error has occurred" message. I am currently attempting to reflash the latest version of swiss onto my wasp using a 16GB sd card to see if that will fix it. But, I am running into the same problem as you with WBFS 3.0. I tried a .iso of a game just to see if it would transfer and it didn't. When I had clicked format it said it formatted my card correctly.

Madmorda

Painting Queen
Portables
I am having the same exact issue. In my case, my wasp was flashed with swiss from the previous owner but when I turn on the gamecube, I get a blue light from the wasp, 3-5 seconds of lit up black screen on my screen, and then the "an error has occurred" message. I am currently attempting to reflash the latest version of swiss onto my wasp using a 16GB sd card to see if that will fix it. But, I am running into the same problem as you with WBFS 3.0. I tried a .iso of a game just to see if it would transfer and it didn't. When I had clicked format it said it formatted my card correctly.
Good news :) WBFS Manager 4.0 IS what you need to put gamecube games on. What had happened with me was that I registered at a bad time at eurasia and got stuck in a loop where I couldn't get to my download. If you want to make an account there, you can download the file for it. Let me know if you need a "new user password" and I'll PM you.

I don't know what the issue with the error is though, you may have a second issue going on. I recommend putting the wasp into a wii to be sure that it works fine. That way if it's just a loose wire you can rule that out. I'm by no means an expert (I never even got my light on :P) but the error has occurred thing sounds to me either like a loose/iffy wire or an issue with Swiss. Either way, putting it in a wii would be a good way to test it

ShockSlayer

the real
Portables
please do not ask!!!! I will NOT respond
I've been out of the GC game for years, but I remember they patched WBFS in 4.0 to allow GC games or whatever, so you need that. I've attached the version I've got from my GC folder, so it probably works for that.

Get everything working on a Wii or whatever and flash Swiss to it, 'cause Swiss is as good as it gets for GC portables. Then all you have to do to is format your SD card back to FAT32 from WBFS, then you can throw anything anywhere on there and you can boot it with Swiss.
http://www.gc-forever.com/wiki/inde...e#Installing_Swiss_to_the_Wiikey_Fusion_Flash

Attachments