Light Blue G-Boy

I completed this G-Boy as a commission and felt it was necessary to share this for prosperity and as it is a unique G-Boy using some of the 4 Layer Tech boards I thought it would be interesting to show off my approach for using these boards within the G-Boy. I used the 4Layer Tech PMS and USB C PD as well as modified the G-Boy case to handle these pcbs and also implement a sync button at the top near the power button.

IMG_8658.jpg

IMG_8652.jpg

IMG_8618.jpg
IMG_8655.jpg
IMG_8656.jpg

IMG_8607.jpg
IMG_8608.jpg
IMG_8615.JPG
IMG_8651.jpg

Attachments

Would you mind sharing the recourses you used? Specifically the custom PCBs?

Hi I have some questions
1: where can I download G-boy file to print it with 3d?
2:can you show me diagram of product step by step ? or if there is a place they put all diagrams as guide let me know thanks
3: if I don't have PCBs for buttons and ... Can I use donut board for it?
4:some games required sensor bar like Mario Galaxy how we can play that games based on motion plus or sensor bar?
Thanks

Stitches

2 and a Half Dollarydoos
Staff member
Portables
Hi I have some questions
1: where can I download G-boy file to print it with 3d?
2:can you show me diagram of product step by step ? or if there is a place they put all diagrams as guide let me know thanks
3: if I don't have PCBs for buttons and ... Can I use donut board for it?
4:some games required sensor bar like Mario Galaxy how we can play that games based on motion plus or sensor bar?
Thanks
1. https://bitbuilt.net/forums/index.php?threads/g-boy-pcb-files.5054/post-55947 Dustin remixed the G-Boy case and PCBs to work with the new 4layertech boards.
2. https://manual.bitbuilt.net/guide/g-boy-rev-3-complete-kit-assembly/ Bit outdated, but it's still 95% right.
3. No. If you want to maintain the form factor and functionality, you'll need to order, populate and assemble the custom PCBs
4. RVLoader includes the GC2Wiimote patch, which allows binding Gamecube controller inputs to most Wiimote controls. It's unable to do things like the flight stick tilt used when controlling the big ball in Galaxy tho

Thanks for your help, so I see power pcb and Bluetooth PCBs where can I find diagrams to make pcb for my self I know there is places sell thise but in my country if I order take 4-5month and taxes very hight if all pcb cost for example 100$ it's become 300$ I must pay
So if someone have diagrams of all PCBs let me know

Thanks for your cooperation

Stitches

2 and a Half Dollarydoos
Staff member
Portables
Thanks for your help, so I see power pcb and Bluetooth PCBs where can I find diagrams to make pcb for my self I know there is places sell thise but in my country if I order take 4-5month and taxes very hight if all pcb cost for example 100$ it's become 300$ I must pay
So if someone have diagrams of all PCBs let me know

Thanks for your cooperation
There are no official diagrams or schematics for the GBoy PCBs, Dustin had to recreate the PCB files basically from scratch by himself, and it took him quite a long time to do. If you wanted to try to make your own PCBs, you'd have to open the PCB files and extract measurements and part placement information from them yourself manually, or use the case and the intended buttons and sticks + 4layertech boards as a base to extrapolate your own design like Dustin did.

Obtaining the correct parts being so expensive for you is quite unfortunate, but seeing how compact the GBoy is, and how Dustin had to enlarge his version of the case to fit the new 4layertech boards that the portable replies on, you'd be hard pressed to keep full basic functionality with a home brewed solution without modifying the case. It definitely can be built like that, Gunnar did build the original GBoy using a DMG gameboy case and chopped breadboard, but unless Dustin has some drawings still laying around to give to you, you'll have to figure a lot of it out on your own using the case and PCB files.