LCD Not Accepting HDMI

Status
Not open for further replies.

JacksonS

Portables
I have a 4.3" LCD running on this driver board from BuyDisplay. I have HDMI wired directly to a component-to-HDMI converter, wired to a Wii. For a long time, it worked well, but recently, the screen responds as if there is no signal present. I have confirmed that the signal from the converter still works, and I have confirmed my wiring is absolutely correct. Before this issue occurred, the screen was going in and out, sort of flickering, while displaying the HDMI signal.

So my question is this: What could have made this happen? I'm running the driver board off 3.3v from a PTH08080WAH regulator and it seems odd that the screen would no longer be able to accept a signal, but can still power on and show a "No Signal" image.

JacksonS

Portables
I'm sure an LCD no longer working doesn't reflect some lack of planning. Not that that should matter. I'd like another point of view to figure out the issue. If I can't get that here I'll be a little disappointed.

Aurelio

ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ
Staff member
Portables
Have you tried to connect the HDMI output to another screen? Or have you tried to connect another video signal to that screen?

JacksonS

Portables
Have you tried to connect the HDMI output to another screen? Or have you tried to connect another video signal to that screen?
Yes, the HDMI signal does work on a different screen. And the screen will not display an HDMI signal from any other source.

Aurelio

ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ
Staff member
Portables
Have you done some sort of relocation on the driver board?

ShockSlayer

the real
Portables
please do not ask!!!! I will NOT respond
You have your answer then.

Luke

Portables
member posts question about problem

staff makes fun of member and then leaves

...yeah I really don't get that.

JacksonS

Portables
Have you done some sort of relocation on the driver board?
Yes, I've relocated the entire FFC and connector and the crystal oscillator. I know that's a lot, but the FFC isn't any concern because I still get a nice "No Signal" image, and the screen would not power on if the crystal were not connected correctly.

ShockSlayer

the real
Portables
member posts question about problem

staff makes fun of member and then leaves

...yeah I really don't get that.
Lel. Reading this thread reveals that JacksonS already ruled out everything except for his driver board, and his first post doesn't mention any of his exciting modifications he's made. That information had to be pulled out of him. So the premise of this thread rests on either our ability to pull teeth to get him to tell us what he fucked up, or the stars aligning to have someone who has this exact driver board present(and similarly modified) to answer his question.

Couple all of that with the fact that it's hard to keep a straight face when realizing he's using component to HDMI to then downscale and then stretch that signal, it's hard to give him the required infinite benefit of the doubt.

I don't think JacksonS is stupid, but my goodness does he make this easy.

Before this issue occurred, the screen was going in and out, sort of flickering
You said it yourself, the integrity of your HDMI connection was compromised from the start. So why do you expect the community to be able to isolate the part of your driver board that is causing HDMI input to fail? As SS said, you basically found the issue yourself. Get a new driver board kid ;)

Be advised, I don't mean to outwardly disrespect you, I just don't respect an abuse of the community.

JacksonS

Portables
I was asking if there was any reason that a seemingly normal HDMI signal would do something to my screen like cause it to fail. I've certainly never seen this before, and the idea was to see if anyone else had. I can't provide hard facts for everything, so I'd like to have a conversation with the community about my issue if anyone was willing. I would not call that an abuse of the community at all, it's just a simple question.

ShockSlayer

the real
Portables
Last edited:

Luke

Portables
Well to be fair, I posted before he revealed that he relocated stuff.

By contrast:
I was browsing another forum, and very similarly, this guy was having problems with his screen driver board that coincidentally he had modified, and when he posted he used "pictures". THE DETAILS, ARE YOU KIDDING ME???

I don't think you're stupid either, and wouldn't put you down if I did, but ...let all question askers take notes^^ :XD:

Last edited by a moderator:

JacksonS

Portables
I would have filled the first post with details if I'd known it would be such a big deal! My intent was to see if anyone had the SAME issue before going really in depth with my problem. I didn't ask anyone to go fix my issue for me, this is just ridiculous.

Luke

Portables
Again, if truly all you want to know is if anyone has had the same issue (and from what we know from your first post and no further details, the issue is that your screen does not display video), I can answer: Yes. I suspect that's not what you actually wanted to know though, and without further details, there's nothing else we can give you.

That's all we're trying to say. Not a big deal. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.