K.S. NES Portable V1 and 2

Plaidx

Portables
I might as well introduce myself as this is my first post since i made a BitBuilt account. Im a High School Electrical Hobbyist and aspiring Electrical Engineer. Ive done a lot of hobby work with electronics and love to figure out how things work. I was interested in portables after wathing several videos back in 2014 pertaining to Gamecube Portables and since then ive become immersed into the world of hobbyist electornics and all sorts of things. Anyways without further to do here are my creations :)

These are a two NES portables I made using the Retron NES Clone systems. The V1 (Large bulky black) one was made using a radioshack project box and the smaller (nicer looking) V2 was made using the original Retrons game case, this one's design was inspired by a friend of mine who actually mentored me in creating my first portable his youtube channel can be found here: https://www.youtube.com/user/burleypaints/featured . The first one was built over a year ago and took me about a month It ran on one 7.2v 3000 mah NIMH battery I used an original NES controller and it can be removed revealing a player 2 port. The V2 one took me two full days to make and was done about a week ago I used 2 lithium 18650 2600mah Batteries wired in parallel and the player 2 port can be acessed from the bottom of the portable. Both versions used a lm386 audio amp circuit to drive the speaker and both also use 4.3 inch tft LCD screens which can be found on amazon. I plan to make a 3rd one using a 3D printed case and hopefully will be half the size of the V2.

V1:

V2:

Size comparison:

Last edited:

Stitches

2 and a Half Dollarydoos
Staff member
Portables
Very nice, lets see how sleek you can get V3.

fibbef

Wizardry V Completer
Nice job plaidx! That pop-out controller on v1 is a really cool feature!

Doom

Modelrater
Estmemed Member
Portables
Always 1/2
woo NES portables