Worklog Just another G-Wii (that im crazy proud of)

Heyya all, very proud of my G-Wii that I put together thought it worthwhile to pop some pictures of the build here. Huge thanks to Gman for the files (hope you don't mind me modifying them) and Aurelio for the best software. Everyone in the bitbuilt community is awesome!

1624793231551.png
'

Case is made from PETG (CPE). Buttons from a 3rd party controller. Shoulder buttons resin printed. Hardware is an older version of PMS from bitbuilt store. Wii is a 4 layer.

Still need to do the MX Chip and complete the amp wiring + screen settings buttons (also get better screws to finish the case) but was too excited to not start playing it. Just played 4 hours of Super Mario Sunshine and it performed supurbly. Also should update BitLoader to RVLoader. (and also add a temperature sensor).

Anyhows here are some pics from the build so far. Below is what it looked like just before I closed it up.

1624793691006.jpeg

Last edited:
Literally cannot wait to build another one. Just gotta make that order at 4layertech and wait for the parts :D.

Capture2.JPG

Pretty ballsy to print the back clear since it will show all the wiring and all, but you pulled it off well! Looks clean!

Stitches

2 and a Half Dollarydoos
Staff member
Portables
I reckon you're definitely right at that point in the build the film was on but I took it off before closing it all up. And I printed it semi transparent as extra motivation to do the wiring well :P .

Going to try using this as a screen protector and cutting it to size, will show how it turns out.

1624884142968.png

Cut the screen protector to size and placed it on. Couple of bubbles that will no doubt drive me insane but thats where that is at.

I'm running into an issue where I can't get charge and play to work, or have the headphone jack work correctly. I've added some images below of the internals as they currently stand. I'm sure its just something I've missed. Hoping I haven't fried some smart part of the PMS board.

IMG_8949.jpg
6.jpg

Portables
Nice. This looks really, really cool. I have a quick question though, where did you get the lining for the screw posts on the front of the board? Also, do they have a name that isn't "screw post lining?"

This looks super cool and clean.

Nice. This looks really, really cool. I have a quick question though, where did you get the lining for the screw posts on the front of the board? Also, do they have a name that isn't "screw post lining?"

This looks super cool and clean.
I think what your looking for is Brass thread inserts. I used M3 hardware for this. Unless your talking about the Cone Washers.