Question just about there

So i have a few questions then i am set to start building by portable. Whats to best rechargeable Batteries. two is there a way to charge a portable through usb. 3 this is probably the stupidist dumby question,where can i get parts to make regulators.

thanks for all of the support everyone :P

look out for a worklog soon

splain

For power regulation and USB-power (and battery protection, and low battery indicator, and power button) you'll want to search the forums for a thing called the Wii Power Management System or PMS. It's not currently in stock in the BitBuilt store, but it will be soon.

I also recommend taking the time to read through the guides and worklogs, a LOT of questions are answered there.

The best rechargable batteries are 18650 batteries run in 1s4p/1s2p. The Wii PMS board and USB C boards, although expensive, are the absolute best way to go when it comes to charging the Wii through USB. These have regs in them.

Timo43

The best rechargable batteries are 18650 batteries run in 1s4p/1s2p. The Wii PMS board and USB C boards, although expensive, are the absolute best way to go when it comes to charging the Wii through USB. These have regs in them.
Mmmmm. No 4p wouldn’t work nor would 2p. You need a 2s1p or 2s2p for a wii portable to get enough voltage since 3.7v isn’t enough to power the wii. Yes, 18650’s would work, the Samsung 3500 mah (it might be 3400 mah I forget) are generally used the most.

Noah

retired
Portables
Mmmmm. No 4p wouldn’t work nor would 2p. You need a 2s1p or 2s2p for a wii portable to get enough voltage since 3.7v isn’t enough to power the wii. Yes, 18650’s would work, the Samsung 3500 mah (it might be 3400 mah I forget) are generally used the most.
Please don't answer questions you don't have experience with yourself, all you're doing is spreading misinformation and confusion.

If you use a Wii PMS or any other board with a boost reg for 5V, a parallel configuration can be used. In fact, you can't use anything except a parallel configuration with the Wii PMS because that's what the charging IC is designed to support.

Timo43

Please don't answer questions you don't have experience with yourself, all you're doing is spreading misinformation and confusion.

If you use a Wii PMS or any other board with a boost reg for 5V, a parallel configuration can be used. In fact, you can't use anything except a parallel configuration with the Wii PMS because that's what the charging IC is designed to support.
I’m sorry. I had no idea I was so wrong.