Joytech PS2 slim screen panel replacement

AndehX

I have one of these PS2 slim portable screens (see pic) which has a bad LCD. I've since installed a new LCD panel and driver board (sourced from aliexpress), but im having issues with wavy interference patterns. Does anyone have any general advice or recommendations of DC to DC converters I can use that would greatly reduce the interference im seeing?
Just for context, I'm taking the component signal from the console, feeding it into an Analog2HDMI (by ElectronShepherd) which goes into a small HDMI 1->2 splitter, which then goes to the LCD driver board. The LCD driver board is powered directly from the PS2's 8.5v PSU, and the Analog2HDMI and splitter are powered via a DC to DC buck converter taking the 8.5v and converting it to 5v.
The reason for the HDMI splitter is so I have an extra HDMI output at my disposal for things like video capture.

Thanks in advance :)

Attachments

Stitches

2 and a Half Dollarydoos
Staff member
Portables
It's possible that the interference is due to the HDMI FFC being too close to that red regulator board

AndehX

It's possible that the interference is due to the HDMI FFC being too close to that red regulator board
interesting. i'll try removing it.
What type of components would you use to do something like this? Would you do it a different way?

Stitches

2 and a Half Dollarydoos
Staff member
Portables
I would have used a less cheapo reg. I don't trust those chinesium ones