Question Joystick to 3rd Party Controller?

Hey!
Does anyone know how I could wire one of these:

To the back of a third party controller that looks like this:

Any help is greatly appreciated!
thanks

There's also a lot of resistors at the bottom of the board. Should I take them off too? Thanks

ShockSlayer

the real
Portables
please do not ask!!!! I will NOT respond
You can take the entire joystick off and wire to it directly, or remove all the components, resistors, caps and all.

Itd be a lot easier and faster to remove it from the board.

ShockSlayer

the real
Portables
please do not ask!!!! I will NOT respond
But you lose an excellent mounting board.

I've tried connecting the joystick where pin A goes to Y left (photo above) to pin D goes to X right, and haven't gotten any response from the stick. Any suggestions as to where I should connect the pins to the controller?
Thanks!

Aurelio

ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ
Staff member
Portables
A and C have to be connected to 3.3v and to ground, B and D go to X and Y (respectively)

A and C have to be connected to 3.3v and to ground, B and D go to X and Y (respectively)
Which pins are X and Y? There are 2 pins under each letter. Which ones are 3.3v? Thank you so much for your help btw

Aurelio

ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ
Staff member
Portables
Oh I didn't notice that there were two pins for X and Y on that controller board, can you post a picture of the other side?
Also I don't know where you can get 3.3v, you should check on your controller

Aurelio

ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ
Staff member
Portables
Sorry if I ask, but how were they connected before? I'm quite sure that two of them are ground and +3.3v, whicle other two are X and Y. Check with a multimeter if you can find ground and 3.3v

Aurelio

ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ
Staff member
Portables
Oh this is using a rotary encoder system, just like on the original controller. You need a comverter board (@Noah is working on it) or you can do one yourself

Are you sure? The controller does have 3.3v, ground, x and y. When I connect them to the corresponding points, now only going up works. I've also seen someone do this online before:

Last edited: