(TL: DR joycon guts+ Wired GameCube pcb + wavebird case) Foreword: I absolutely hate wires as i have a propensity to unplug them, thus I loved my wavebird. While i began with an Original Gameboy, i fell in love with the GameCube's hand friendly controller. But alas, Nintendo despite being super fan centric at last, will never release the ULTIMATE/definitive edition wavebird. No, where there is not also cash to be had and a majority of players to please, only darkness dwells, which any business has every right to do. I can't complain too much. Ok, I'll dive in to what I'm doing here: My base goal: Disassemble wired GameCube controller (GCc) for its pcb buttons and conductive pads, L & R joycon (jc) and a joycon grip charge (jcg) for talking to the switch, and a wavebird (wb) for it's roomy case, then hardwire all button inputs from GCc to jc including adding missing zL, home, capture, + &- buttons, convert wb start button to jc rail sync buttons if needed (the jcg is need to charge jc and also performs wired sync function). I'll need to modify GCc pcb to provide separate grounds for most of not all inputs (likely all as jc is not common ground), but it's no big deal as careful dremeling has proven effective to break up ground into slices. Stretch Features: retain rumble and nfc (rumble doesn't seem too difficult to retain beyond probably needing to lengthen the wires to find a nice mounting place in the palms cavity, but nfc will need a bit more creativity to find a space that fits (i don't know if the part is pure antenna or has a bit of circuitry involved). Super stretch: add a paddle that replicates A so i can jump while still aiming in splatoon xD since i don't like motion controls in splatoon. I'm a bit behind with publishing a worklog because I've been super busy at work but I'll have pictures and deeper explanations soon. Basically, where i am now, i have a zL tack (tact? Tac? idr) very pleasingly placed to match the original rL and after a lot of careful dremel work, some painstaking transplants, and a moment of exasperated recklessness, a working, clicking left purple button! Also, i have replaced the stock joysticks with clicky ones like on the pro controller (sorry i didn't think about keeping links to put here). Lastly after accidentally flooding the GCc IC pins with solder during a late evening, i have removed it entirely and un-bridged that mess of solder. My plan is to use several of those pins to connect to jc inputs. I've basically avoided soldering for ages because i am terrified of the small points i must get right on the jc pcbs without destroying it (obviously i won't be soldering those in the late evening). So i think that is where i am, I'll add pictures as i can. I want to thank a bunch of folks whose research and hard work have made this possible (yup, gonna cheap out on this and edit it in later as I'm writing from memory and don't want to forget/mistype). So thanks a bunch and wish me luck!