Worklog (IT'S FINISHED) The Mumble Driim (Making my very first portable)

Madmorda

Painting Queen
Portables
Alright so based on what I've read in about 35 minutes, I've found that you can actually use batteries in series
(source: http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/showthread.php?197823-protected-18650-in-series-safe )
The only thing that I am confused with is how if it's actually safe to simultaneously charge them.
I bought a charger that will charge them simultaneously, and it should be here in the next two weeks or less (you know how China shipping is)
http://www.ebay.com/itm/112103853541?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

Some people say it's safe, other's say to charge individually.
Anyone know anything about this?

Edit: I also asked the guy who sales the protected cells, and he said using them as a battery pack will work.
That thread is talking about using protected cells in series. Idk why you want to use individual protected cells so badly. Why can't you just get a protection circuit for the batteries you already have? They're a few dollars, and small. You should be able to mount it on the outside of your case with your batteries. Just make sure it's for the same voltage as your pack.

Mumble

Portables
That thread is talking about using protected cells in series. Idk why you want to use individual protected cells so badly. Why can't you just get a protection circuit for the batteries you already have? They're a few dollars, and small. You should be able to mount it on the outside of your case with your batteries. Just make sure it's for the same voltage as your pack.
Well, I plan on buying protected cells. I don't want to take apart my portable just to install a protection circuit. If I buy protected cells then I just have to put them in the pack and I'm set.

Madmorda

Painting Queen
Portables
Well, I plan on buying protected cells. I don't want to take apart my portable just to put install a protection circuit. If I buy protected cells then I just have to put them in the pack and I'm set.
But you don't need to take it apart to put the circuit in. You have access to the batteries on the outside of your case. You just attach the red and black wires from the batteries to the pcb. Then attach the wires coming from the case to the pcb. Glue the pcb on, cover it, and you're done.

Your solution is like the little old lady who swallowed the fly. It's creating a bigger problem while solving the small one. XD

Mumble

Portables
But you don't need to take it apart to put the circuit in. You have access to the batteries on the outside of your case. You just attach the red and black wires from the batteries to the pcb. Then attach the wires coming from the case to the pcb. Glue the pcb on, cover it, and you're done.

Your solution is like the little old lady who swallowed the fly. It's creating a bigger problem while solving the small one. XD
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Mumble

Portables
I got my Pro Controller today. Here's some pics of the whole thing
:

I won't be putting a PCB in this one. If the cells die, well I'm buying the protected ones. I know it sounds dumb, and it might get some people a little upset, but I really don't want to work on this anymore. My next one is going to be made for one of my buds, so I will definitely make it look a lot better, and make I will definitely make things inside better.

Last edited: