Question ISO U10 :/

I kinda of broke my U-10...and U-9...in my first attempt at relocating. Both had their two legs chopped off..im thinking too much heat...I since then figured out the correct way to do it, but thus I still need another one..if anyone has a spare from one of their boards I could buy let me know, Thanks

Shank

Staff member
Portables
I'll check to see if I have any spares when I get home from work tonight.

Edit: Yup. PM me your address

Last edited:
If this were to happen again, do either of you know of the specific chip (U10), if I wanted to buy a stock of them? I tried searching for the i.d. on top of the transistor.. looks like JK06, or G..with no luck. Jw wondering so I don't have to buy motherboards just for the chip

Shank

Staff member
Portables
The chips are programed at the factory for their specific purpose, so even if you found the same chip, they would not work. fortunately, each board has 2 so members who only use up one in the transplant may have an extra or two. A hot air station and tweezers are game changers for the U10 removal, so consider investing in one.

I shipped your U10 envelope this morning. All I ask in exchange is that you follow the detailed instructions on the included piece of paper.

Okay thanks so much, I really appreciate it man. I'll get one of those, and hopefully not f it up this time...lol I'm sure I'll have a ton more questions for you guys on the forums.