Solved Is my Wii dead?

ScrambledFrequency

Custom title wanter
Portables
I have begun work on a wii portable. However, I broke both my U10 and U9. I have not actually trimmed my wii yet, I just wanted to test the U10 relocation.
Anyhow, I bought a replacement part I've heard about, and after soldering it in place, it still didn't work. I have performed the relocation properly.
I did notice I accidentally removed some resistors between the U9 and MX chip, are those critical for booting without the trim?

Portables
1 (Aran)
I have begun work on a wii portable. However, I broke both my U10 and U9. I have not actually trimmed my wii yet, I just wanted to test the U10 relocation.
Anyhow, I bought a replacement part I've heard about, and after soldering it in place, it still didn't work. I have performed the relocation properly.
I did notice I accidentally removed some resistors between the U9 and MX chip, are those critical for booting without the trim?
did you sever the trace underneath the u5 before you soldered on the u10?

ScrambledFrequency

Custom title wanter
Portables
photo pls
Here you go.
SAM_1446.JPG

Here is the U10 Relocation. You can see where I scratched at the traces, as I forgot to do that befor attaching the U10
SAM_1447.JPG

This is where I soldered the GPU wire. I hope this is the right spot.
SAM_1451.JPG

This is where I destroyed the U10/U9 area. I hope this is'nt a critical area, or at least that I can stil use the MX chip.

Stitches

2 and a Half Dollarydoos
Staff member
Portables
Chean that shit up pls, then bridge the two pads where U9 used to be or it won't boot.

ScrambledFrequency

Custom title wanter
Portables
I know. But I accidentally desoldered some resistors close to the U9 solder pads 4 and 5, and I am wondering whether those are preventing the wii from booting. I have tried shorting the pads together, by the way, and it still doesn't work. :facepalm:

ScrambledFrequency

Custom title wanter
Portables
I dunno those pads look ripped
They pretty much are, yeah.
do you have bbloader installed if you do you are fine and you can just trim
Yes BBLoader is installed, but I do not want to trim yet as I am waiting for the RVL-PMS to be back in stock.

ScrambledFrequency

Custom title wanter
Portables

ScrambledFrequency

Custom title wanter
Portables
But that would require dissassembling another wii right? The only other wii available to me right now is our home wii, and I do NOT want to dissasemble that!

Stitches

2 and a Half Dollarydoos
Staff member
Portables
connect the proper voltage coming from the wii to the voltage in points on the trim on the trim
I would not do that except as a last resort

But that would require dissassembling another wii right? The only other wii available to me right now is our home wii, and I do NOT want to dissasemble that!
Yeah you'd have to disassemble it, best to hold off. Also don't short the cap pads together, that'll ground the voltage lines which will stop everything working. Clean the board and unshort the cap pads, if it still doesn't turn on, I'm out of ideas we'll need a smarter person.

ScrambledFrequency

Custom title wanter
Portables
Clean the board and unshort the cap pads
What exactly do you mean "unshort the cap pads"?
-EDIT-
I did some soldering and it WORKS PERFECTLY!!!!
Thanks for the help Stitches and jeffery!

Last edited: