Is it okay to Connect the GBoy to a Stock Wii?

I was looking into various ways of accessing my Gboy saves on a stock Wii for things like transferring Pokemon from Colosseum to the GBA games, when I came across something I found to be kind of amazing: As long as you have a stock wii with nintendont installed, you can use a USB C to B cable (like the one included with the Switch Pro controller) to connect the gboy directly to the back of the stock wii console and seamlessly boot games off the GBoy internal storage, as well as access the saves.

It even saves directly to the GBoy storage, so this method effectively allows me to play GBoy GC library on the big screen with no drain on the battery (it will charge in fact), as well as giving me access to all of the stock hardware features like original controllers etc.

My question would be if anyone has used this method extensively, and can this have any negative impact on the hardware involved.

A_s6

Portables
i don’t give a hee ho
i doubt it has any effect on the hardware, it’s literally the same as plugging a usb drive into your home wii

You have to have the same versions on wii at G-Boy I assume? Kind of curious myself :)