Question Is it ok if I recreate gman’s portabalizing BOM?

Timo43

It is kind of outdated and most links don’t work. Is it ok if I make my own thread and update the links @Gman ?
I wanna contribute to this community even though I don’t have much experience with console mods yet.

Noah

retired
Portables
We’d actually prefer if you didn’t. One because you said it yourself, you don’t have experience so you really won’t know what goes on the BOM, but two and more importantly the BOM outdates itself quickly because links expire and the portablizing meta changes rather quickly. We would rather provide general guidelines so that people understand what tools and equipment they need rather than just saying “buy this” but then having the link be dead a couple months later.

If you want to contribute to the community the best thing you can do is learn as much as you can do that you can help others when the time comes!

Timo43

We’d actually prefer if you didn’t. One because you said it yourself, you don’t have experience so you really won’t know what goes on the BOM, but two and more importantly the BOM outdates itself quickly because links expire and the portablizing meta changes rather quickly. We would rather provide general guidelines so that people understand what tools and equipment they need rather than just saying “buy this” but then having the link be dead a couple months later.

If you want to contribute to the community the best thing you can do is learn as much as you can do that you can help others when the time comes!
Alright, sounds good! Thanks!