Question Is a wii with gc ports needed

JAKAFI

I have been looking on the trimming guide and the gc+ documentation and i cant seem to find anything about where the data connection from the gc+ is supposed to be connected to. To my understanding right now i need to solder the data pad on the gc+ to game cube port 1's data line. If that is the case does that mean that a wii without gmaecube ports is not able to wire the buttons? If not is there a thread that goes into more detail on connecting the buttons?

jefflongo

Broke BitBuilt
Staff member
Portables
You are correct, solder the data line from the wii to the data line on the GC+. Even a Wii without GC ports still has GC port data lines, you can solder to the vias shown in the trimming guide. As for the buttons, you just need a tact switch that connects the button the ground when pressed.

JAKAFI

You are correct, solder the data line from the wii to the data line on the GC+. Even a Wii without GC ports still has GC port data lines, you can solder to the vias shown in the trimming guide. As for the buttons, you just need a tact switch that connects the button the ground when pressed.
Thanks now i can try and find a wii to cut up:D