Introducing, the Pixii!

Hey guys,

I just wanted to show everyone my first portable Wii, the Pixii. I wanted this one to be as small as possible and I was on a deadline, so I had the LMAOv2 trim done by @ShockSlayer to save me the trial and error of learning the trim. Needless to say, he did some excellent work and it was easily adaptable to my design.

The design is inspired by the Gameboy Color. I also wanted to have removable batteries, so I incorporated 18650 battery holders along with a battery cover. The end result came out perfect.

Features:
LMAOv2 trim Performed by Shockslayer
Portabilizemii
3D Printed Case using PLA
3.5" TFT Display
Full Range thumbsticks from Steelseries Free Mobile controller (too expensive to buy now imo. I bought mine over a year ago for $25)
Mono Audio
7.4v 3400 MAH Lithium Ion Batteries
128GB USB Drive
Double Tact Magnus Mod Shoulder buttons.

Last edited:
Holy shit that's good! :)

Nice work! Where did you get the shoulder buttons from?
What I do is I gut the buttons from the digikey link below and replace the guts with two tact switches mounted to breadboard on top of one another. I outlined the process in the modretro work log quoted below.

https://www.digikey.com/product-detail/en/e-switch/PA41EC1100/EG4687-ND/2116166
Here's a picture of both tact switches, one hard and one soft, mounted on a breadboard on top of one another.

Underside of the breadboard

A picture of the button disassembled and cut to fit the new double tact breadboard

Here's a picture of the button assembled, mounted and epoxied in the case.

Bakuku

Portables
@Redmagnusx

You know what's so great about Bitbuilt over Modretro?
It has it's own picture upload feature. Learn how to fucking use it!

OT:
Portable looks great!
Like the battery cover very much, easy to use it seems.
Keep up the good work.

Aurelio

ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ
Staff member
Portables
@Redmagnusx

OT:
Portable looks great!
Keep up the good work.
You know what's great about BitBuilt? We are a polite community and we don't like comments like this, out of nowhere. There's no need to use this kind of language, especially in this case.

Shank

Staff member
Portables
Noice. That's really well done. The body is so clean, and the removable batteries are slick. How small is it? You may have beat out my PiiWii Pocket and clenched the world record.

@Redmagnusx

OT:
Portable looks great!
Keep up the good work.
Lmao. I know how to use it, but I just like having my pictures on my photobucket so they're easier for me to reference. Regardless, thank you.

Noice. That's really well done. The body is so clean, and the removable batteries are slick. How small is it? You may have beat out my PiiWii Pocket and clenched the world record.
Thank you for the kind words. I'm not sure it's small enough for the record. In fact, I know it could have be at least 6mm thinner in the battery area. Even more so without the removable batteries.

Here are the measurements.

Attachments

Shank

Staff member
Portables
Overall dimensions, its about 25% bigger, but I think yours is smaller volumetrically because of how its shaped. Regardless, I think its awesome. Also post nudes internals pls.

Overall dimensions, its about 25% bigger, but I think yours is smaller volumetrically because of how its shaped. Regardless, I think its awesome. Also post nudes internals pls.
Very nice. I like the fact that it is so deep in depth as that should give the proper feel for the shoulder buttons.

Also I agree with Shank. Send n00ds of the portable.

Very nice. I like the fact that it is so deep in depth as that should give the proper feel for the shoulder buttons.

Also I agree with Shank. Send n00ds of the portable.
Yea man. It is surprisingly comfortable to hold in hand and the shoulder buttons are perfectly placed. Having the Z button in the middle is also nice because it is easily pressed with either the left or right index finger.

Ask and you shall receive.

These internals were from before I moved some of the wiring around and mounted the side (reset and sync) buttons properly. There is no hot glue holding them anymore. Instead I epoxied them to a scrap breadboard piece and epoxied that to the case. I can post the current internals later tonight after work.

Last edited:
For one, this unit was made well done. Apologizes for bumping, but did you install IR LEDs?