Question Intermittent Controller Problem

Portables
Wii Laptop V2.0, GameCube SPITE
I'm at the point in my gamecube Portable that I'm testing the disc drive and the controller. I've cut the controller in half and wired all the buttons to their respective place, and I have already tested it and all the buttons and joysticks are working properly. Tonight I got the connections on the mobo setup for player 1 controller, and I connected it to the controller, wire by wire.
When I turned on the gamecube initially I was able to get past the time and date settings and navigate the system menu, the disc drive wasn't reading the game, but that's a separate issue.

After the initial time it worked, I can't get the controller to work again. I'm using the system menu to test it since I can't launch a game yet. Every once in awhile, like maybe 10% of the time, the controller will work again. I can't figure out any kind of pattern. All my soldering looks good, I checked the 5v and 3.3v pins on the controller and they are both getting the correct amount of voltage. I'm not sure where to go next.

Is it possible the disc drive issue is causing problems with the controller?

cheese

the tallest memer in town
Staff member
You'll probably want to make sure you aren't shorting anything and your solder joints on your controller haven't pulled up. The dd doesn't have an effect on the controller

Portables
Wii Laptop V2.0, GameCube SPITE
You'll probably want to make sure you aren't shorting anything and your solder joints on your controller haven't pulled up. The dd doesn't have an effect on the controller
What's the best way to check for a short? Resistance? I measured the voltage for the controller and it was good, so I know there isn't a short there.

cheese

the tallest memer in town
Staff member
What's the best way to check for a short? Resistance? I measured the voltage for the controller and it was good, so I know there isn't a short there.
Just put some tape or something to insulate it from other surfaces that may be touching it